• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Give both ranged/melee splash damage of their basic attack damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Give both ranged/melee splash damage of their basic attack damage. A spell that makes units attacks do 50% of their attack damage to splash to nearby enemies. Help.

Level 24
You want it on a spell or is i enough to make it hardcoded on the unit-type itself?

Because then you can just add it to the unit-type.

But if you want the splash damage with an ability, I dont think that such an ability exist.
You will need a DDS and deal splash damage yourself.
(Be aware that not all DDS can do that without problems.)

EDIT:
Cleave could work.

Level 12
Cleave won't work on ranged units. You'd have to trigger it with damage detection.

Level 11
You DO NOT need a DDS for this, all you need is to add item attack fire bonus (I'm not sure if that's the name but you will find it under items, it's with an icon orb of fire).
Once you add that ability, you need to calculate and subtract those 50% from your unit's base damage (cause the ability adds those 50% splash damage to your base dmg too). Let's say your unit's base damage is 10, you make the ability to deal 5 splash damage and it also gives +5 dmg to your base dmg, so you subtract it.
If you want to make unit's attack damage to divide to nearby units on impact then all you need to do is make the unit's attack type to splash and adjust the AOE as you wish.

Level 24
That doesnt work.
Reducing by 50% does not the opposite of adding 50%
You need to add the inverse of 50%. which results in a decrease of 33.333%
But even that would not work as primary attribute, damage items and abilities and much much more also change your damage with that damage bonus.

Either make unit-types deal splash damage or use a DDS.

Level 11
Well yeah, I've messed that with my map where the units' base damage that have this ability never changes. I realised this later -_-.
But, you can still make damage divide on impact, else you really need a DDS. :/

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Why not use "Orb of Annihilation"? It is what the Undead Destroyer uses. It is an arrow ability so should inherit base attack damage. It also has configurable "splash" values. If the icon is a problem stick it inside a disabled spellbook and leave it auto-cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.