• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Sphere Buffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello there people of Hive :grin:

to make it short, I want the Phoenix Fire ability instead of burning the enemy it freezes them (slow, not literally freeze) and another Phoenix Fire ability, instead of burning again it stuns the enemy for 1 second

is that possible?

Thanks in advance :xxd::xxd::xxd:

Level 16
Those 2 spells need to be triggered. You can't just use the good ol' Object Editor for that :(

Here is a simple how-to: Every interval picks an enemy, create a missile at the caster's position and use a periodic trigger to move it towards the target. When the distance is small enough (i.e hit) kill the dummy and apply whatever effect you need.

It is also quite complex in nature due to the fact that you need to move multiple missiles at the same time continuously. Thus it has to use GUI indexing or be coded in JASS/vJASS.

Level 5
I made the first one work with simple triggers, a custom dummy unit, and a little ability edit.

Here's the initialization trigger. The Rifleman is a dummy unit with the Frost Breath ability, which has been edited to have 2.00 second duration.

• Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Neutral Passive emitting Visibility across (Entire map)
      • Unit - Create 1 Rifleman for Neutral Passive at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set cold_attack = (Last created unit)
Here's the next trigger:

• Phoenix Fire Slow
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set temp_unit = (Picked unit)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (temp_unit has buff Phoenix Fire) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Order cold_attack to Attack temp_unit
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Remove Slowed buff from temp_unit
And the next one, which makes sure that the Cold Attack doesn't last forever. I don't know if the wait will cause a leak, however. Can someone check this?

• Phoenix Fire Slow Stop
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Attacking unit) Equal to cold_attack
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.04 seconds
      • Unit - Order cold_attack to Stop
I don't know if I would be able to do the second one, but I might try.

Level 21
I made the first one work with simple triggers, a custom dummy unit, and a little ability edit.

Here's the initialization trigger. The Rifleman is a dummy unit with the Frost Breath ability, which has been edited to have 2.00 second duration.

• Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Neutral Passive emitting Visibility across (Entire map)
      • Unit - Create 1 Rifleman for Neutral Passive at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
Here's the next trigger:

• Phoenix Fire Slow
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions
And the next one, which makes sure that the Cold Attack doesn't last forever. I don't know if the wait will cause a leak, however. Can someone check this?

• Phoenix Fire Slow Stop
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Attacking unit) Equal to cold_attack
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.04 seconds
      • Unit - Order cold_attack to Stop
I don't know if I would be able to do the second one, but I might try.
Wait is never less than 0.27 seconds.
Also, you can just dummy cast a slow buff and use a periodic trigger to check when the unit loses the buff.

Level 5
I updated this so that it works better and can handle many units at a time.

• Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set playable_map_area = (Playable map area)
  • Phoenix Fire Slow
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in playable_map_area) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set temp_point = (Position of temp_unit)
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Rifleman for Neutral Passive at temp_point facing Default building facing degrees
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_temp_point )
  • Phoenix Fire Slow Stop
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Rifleman
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Attacked unit) has buff Phoenix Fire) Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop
        • Else - Actions
  • Debug
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Rifleman) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
Also, I made the Rifleman have 60 second cooldown so it only attacks once during its lifetime. I think that would be all the changes I made and now it doesn't leak.

Edit: I noticed that even with the expiration timer, the riflemen still existed, so I made a fix and it still works.

Last edited:
Level 5
Sorry, I think I may have forgotten to explain that the Rifleman is a dummy unit, meaning you should set its model file to "none.mdl" and set its attack range to 10000. It works fine for me. You can always do a little tweaking to make it to your liking. Also, did you follow the most recent triggers that I posted?

Edit: Here's a link to the map. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=l65s3v

Edit edit: Change the last trigger "Debug" to look like this: (For some reason the riflemen weren't being removed but now it totally works.)

• Debug
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Rifleman) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove temp_unit from the game

Last edited:
Level 21
Sorry, I think I may have forgotten to explain that the Rifleman is a dummy unit, meaning you should set its model file to "none.mdl" and set its attack range to 10000. It works fine for me. You can always do a little tweaking to make it to your liking. Also, did you follow the most recent triggers that I posted?

Edit: Here's a link to the map. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=l65s3v

Edit edit: Change the last trigger "Debug" to look like this: (For some reason the riflemen weren't being removed but now it totally works.)

• Debug
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Rifleman) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove temp_unit from the game

Never use a periodic trigger to remove dummies. :goblin_boom:

What should be done is giving a timed life to the dummy when it's created. Takes less power and works without errors.

Level 12
IT LIVES!!! thanks alot man :thumbs_up:

Never use a periodic trigger to remove dummies. :goblin_boom:

What should be done is giving a timed life to the dummy when it's created. Takes less power and works without errors.
Yeah... I think this is more efficient, so you just add this right?
  • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
I can help you code this in JASS (sorry I don't do GUI) so what do you think?
It's finished, thanks for offering your help :xxd:

btw, the "Slowed" buff isn't being remove

can you also do the second request? the one with the stun :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 5
Huh... I tried using the generic timer but it didn't remove the riflemen (I know because I made a trigger to say how many riflemen there were every second). They just didn't disappear. Weird. Anyways, I'm glad the Phoenix Fire Slow works for you. Now to get onto the stunning one...

Level 21
Huh... I tried using the generic timer but it didn't remove the riflemen (I know because I made a trigger to say how many riflemen there were every second). They just didn't disappear. Weird. Anyways, I'm glad the Phoenix Fire Slow works for you. Now to get onto the stunning one...

I've never used the generic timer, I always use raise dead and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.