• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Fire based frost spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want to create a spell based on Phoenix Fire that slows the enemies instead of burning them. I know that I'll probably need triggers and I'd like some help.

Level 13
No that won't work.

You can't base it on phoenixfire as far as I know because you can't detect the targets.

You need to completly trigger the spell:

Event: Every X seconds of game time
Actions:
Pick random unti from units in range of 500 of "yourHero" and do actions:
create dummy at pos of hero
make dummy cast slow

Level 9
Rafinius, if i get the idea, you need an aura that slows????

If yes, then here is the solution (neutral passive(or hostile, w/e)) there is a spell asociated with tornado (i think there is written [slow aura] or something in the preffix) there, you edit the aura and you have a brand new aura of slow

If you want to see it (if you use the ability), create a dummy ability (just like i suggested with permanent invi)

EDIT: how to hide? tell me plox (i don't know >.> :cry:)
EDIT2:don't need help, ty

Tiche3:grin:

Level 4
Nah, I actually wanted that there is a blue beam going from the frost creature to one of its enemies every 2 seconds that deals 15 damage and slows AS and MS for some percentage.

Last edited:
Level 2
This requires you to make a dummy unit that attacks/casts an ability with the cold effect. Make a trigger that checks periodically for whatever buff you set with phoenix fire, then makes a dummy unit target that unit with the attack/ability. Time the cold ability duration to coincide with the periodic check and have no delay in attacking/casting. Make sure it's leak-free or else the game will slow down fast.

Actual this isn't all that hard.

Though you cant detect the targets of Phoenix fire, it does put a buff on it's targets. So change the effects of the buff so it looks like it's frost and then trigger something that:
1: Picks every unit that can be effected by the spell every .03 (other things like .1 work here, depends on how precise you want) seconds
2: Checks if they have the buff
3: Applies the speed decrease
4: Adds them to another group of units currently affected by the buff

Make another trigger that:
1: Picks every unit in the group of units affected by the buff every .03 (once again with the .1) seconds
3: If they don't it removes them from the group and returns speed to normal.

So yeah, you can use the Phoenix Fire spell. This should also be a bit easier then creating a dummy attacking unit.

If you want I can trigger this up for you

Level 4
First I'll try triggering it myself. After all I want to learn. If I'm to dump I'll ask you for help.

Actual this isn't all that hard.

Though you cant detect the targets of Phoenix fire, it does put a buff on it's targets. So change the effects of the buff so it looks like it's frost and then trigger something that:
1: Picks every unit that can be effected by the spell every .03 (other things like .1 work here, depends on how precise you want) seconds
3: Applies the speed decrease
4: Adds them to another group of units currently affected by the buff

Make another trigger that:
1: Picks every unit in the group of units affected by the buff every .03 (once again with the .1) seconds
3: If they don't it removes them from the group and returns speed to normal.

So yeah, you can use the Phoenix Fire spell. This should also be a bit easier then creating a dummy attacking unit.

If you want I can trigger this up for you

I don't think changing the phoenix fire buff will work... well I tried it myself a couple of times but the unit still burns...

I don't think changing the phoenix fire buff will work... well I tried it myself a couple of times but the unit still burns...

Well what I was thinking was that you alter the buff so it deals no damage, then just change it's effects and trigger the slow effect.

It would be much easier if you would just trigger the whole thing.

Its only a periodic trigger... and the effect is not that hard too

Either way it's around the same amount of work

Level 2
Hmm after thinking about it for a little while, I'd have to agree with DAA. Controlling the targets with matching conditions is the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.