• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells, Systems and Special effects!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spells, Systems and Special effects!

Here you can post any idea you have for a spell, system or other special effect to be included in the diablo III map.
But be aware that any suggesting coming for a person which is not a member of the Diablo III group should be aproved in the map by CloudWolf and not by me.

Finished Spells:
• Locust Swarm
• Firebomb
• Soul Harvest
• Corpse Hounds
• Mass Confusion

Finished Systems:
• Ghostly orb

Finished Special Effects:
• Ghostly orb Model
• Locust Swarm Buff
• Locust Swarm Missile

What i've planned to do Next:
1: Redo Locustswarm compleetly.
I made this trigger before I was able to do vJass, that is enough reason in it self.
2: Redo Witch Doctor Spells.

I planned to remove all Bjs in the codes as I am now able to do that.
3: Whatever I'm told to do.

Ofcause!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, you might not know this, but I've been working on a system for the locustSwarm, that bounces and poisons the targets, like in the original game.. Perhaps we could work on that together, since I've almost finished it, it would be a waste of time if you made one aswell :D

I've already send a version to Cloudwolf, but I was to redo it anyway. So why not, as long as you are able to unjderstand vjass or good at gui...

Thanks for all the help :D I wasn't sure if you were still with us because you were quiet for a while lol ;) But theres no doubting it now :D

The stuff you've made so far is fantastic :) Ill be sure to put some of it in for the v1.18 release :D

I don't have any Internet connection currently (The provider went bankrupt...), so i only have limited acces... I just create the spells at home and then send them when I get back online xD...

Just relax, i'm usually still multiple times a day xD

I can sort of understand vJass, but I can't for my life code it :p

However I'm quite good with GUI :>

I'll send you a map of my progress so far though PM soon.

And some information with what I'd like sorted out :]

Ill convert it to vjass, just to remove all the lag caused by BLizzards lousy coding...

Level 17
Hmm, this is nice.
Now all we need is a change-log thread that shows what has to be done until next release. Will make it easier for us to know whats going on and what to do. :p

Its kind of fun that all spells that is done is witch doctor spells. And you also say that you are going to redo them all x)

Hmm, this is nice.
Now all we need is a change-log thread that shows what has to be done until next release. Will make it easier for us to know whats going on and what to do. :p

Its kind of fun that all spells that is done is witch doctor spells. And you also say that you are going to redo them all x)

Cloudwolf haven't assaigned anything else yet, so i Just improve the once i've already done...

Level 17
I wasnt complaining ^^
Cus i love your spells and im sure you can make them even better, and thats exactly what your going to do =D

BTW, i fixed a spelling issue and edited your main post a bit if you didnt notice.

1,200 Posts! =D

Level 16
well, i dont know if some one suggested this before, but:
In v 1.17, the barbarian whirlwind has some like a fire tornado. Well, thats looks good, but, in the gameplay trailer thats appear ONLY coz he has a FIRE enchanted hammer. So, if you take a look into other videos, like the abilities one in the page of the barb, you can see that he doesnt hav that fire tornado. I suggest to you to remove it, coz thats doesnt look very Diablo-ish. (coz the whirlwind in v1.17 is too much big!).
See ya.!! :)

Level 17
well, i dont know if some one suggested this before, but:
In v 1.17, the barbarian whirlwind has some like a fire tornado. Well, thats looks good, but, in the gameplay trailer thats appear ONLY coz he has a FIRE enchanted hammer. So, if you take a look into other videos, like the abilities one in the page of the barb, you can see that he doesnt hav that fire tornado. I suggest to you to remove it, coz thats doesnt look very Diablo-ish. (coz the whirlwind in v1.17 is too much big!).
See ya.!! :)

I think that is caused by the models whirlwind texture and not the spells itself, so that post didnt belong here xP
But lets just forget that.
We need permission to change the skin (if its not using an ingame texture ofc!)

Ill convert it to vjass, just to remove all the lag caused by BLizzards lousy coding...

Its not blizzard, its the coders. Using vJASS from beginning doesn't really use that much of cache. To just convert it to vJASS isn't all. And instead of converting something to vJASS, its even better to remake it fully in vJASS. (Thats because atm vJASS is far away from GUI with the kind of scripting you do).

And to keep topic, I will make the desintengate (or however it was called) the next days opensource in vJASS MUI and leakless.

Level 17
Its not blizzard, its the coders. Using vJASS from beginning doesn't really use that much of cache. To just convert it to vJASS isn't all. And instead of converting something to vJASS, its even better to remake it fully in vJASS. (Thats because atm vJASS is far away from GUI with the kind of scripting you do).

And to keep topic, I will make the desintengate (or however it was called) the next days opensource in vJASS MUI and leakless.

Maybe he mean that he will redo it with vJass by saying "I convert it" or he just changed some stuff after converting, i dont know. :p

Maybe he mean that he will redo it with vJass by saying "I convert it" or he just changed some stuff after converting, i dont know. :p

Ah ok. To keep you updated, I started my own unique instance project.
The Dark Night - WIP.

I hope he will remake the spells, because just converting is actually even more worse as using GUI.

Level 17
The Dark Night - WIP.

I hope he will remake the spells, because just converting is actually even more worse as using GUI.

I saw about your project in the other thread, but now to stay on-topic :p
BTW, was it becouse of that you tried to contact me on MSN? i have been kinda bussy the last days, one day we bug tested the map 3 times (the entire map) and another day i was bussy with real life stuff. See you on MSN!

The Dark Night - WIP.

That IS why im remaking them :D
When i made them, I knew nearly nothing about vjass.
Even though i did more than simply converting them...

I did not know that, since Gui is coded in jass i thought is was just as bad, not worser?

I don't know what you mean by this, but every vjass should be able to see that my spells need improvement right now... And i'm certanly gonna improve them alot. (By redoing them completly in vjass from scratch.)

Just becouse you said it..
WE NEED A DAMN MANA STEAL SPELL FOR THE SKILL TREE!! O.O
thanks xD

Do we have a skill tree?

Anyway, i'll se what i can do, but the only difference between a steal spell and Soul Harvest is that the Wich Doctor (I think i'm spelling that wrong, anyway) gain mana, but the spell dosen't destroy the enemys mana... Bút give me some days to think about it.

Level 17
Do we have a skill tree?

Anyway, i'll se what i can do, but the only difference between a steal spell and Soul Harvest is that the Wich Doctor (I think i'm spelling that wrong, anyway) gain mana, but the spell dosen't destroy the enemys mana... Bút give me some days to think about it.

They want me to make a skill tree :p and yes, its WITCH Doctor.
And yah, we will need many spells if im suppost to make a skill tree for all characters :p

Level 8
Soul Harvest steals hp from enemy units and converts it to mana for you. Because from the trailer you can see the enemies getting damaged.

Level 13
Oooh btw. Are you gonna remove that annoyng healing spell from the WD? Its not really diablo like, so i think you should remove it.
I hope that the game will be well balanced, and now where you removed tyrael, i think it will be easier to balance without a healing spell.
Hope you think something out ;D

Oooh btw. Are you gonna remove that annoyng healing spell from the WD? Its not really diablo like, so i think you should remove it.
I hope that the game will be well balanced, and now where you removed tyrael, i think it will be easier to balance without a healing spell.
Hope you think something out ;D

The Healing spell IS out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.