• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spells and Effects Needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Riight!

Basically, you know the firebomb spell I made originally? When it lands, it creates an explosion, and makes a lava spawn appear and use its death animation. The idea came from watching the SFX in the gameplay videos :)

Theres also a balancing issue with the Soul Harvest. While the spell you made recplicates the real soul harvest perfectly, it doesnt play out all that well in game when fighting bosses :S Because the spell does not kill the boss, you never gain any mana xD Would you be able to modify it slightly so you gain mana even if the enemy isnt killed?

Finally, with mass confusion, is there a way to make a list of units that are immune to the spell, such as bosses? :)

Apart from those minor features, the spells are perfect as they are ^^

Level 30
Well, most of the Barbarian skills work quite nicely as they are :D Groundstomp is perfect with the added knockback, and the seismic slam looks pretty good too :p

Only thing we really need for the barb is leap :D Theres like a million of them in the spells section so it shouldnt be a problem :p

And yea, as for the wizard, what we really want is a disintegrate spell, where players can adjust the beam direction by changing their heroes rotation :p

I'm also going to adjust the chain lightning spell slightly :p Ive noticed on the gameplay videos the wizard can spam the lightning spell. So I'll probably make the cooldown and mana cost less, but reduce the damage it does to compensate :D Would be cool if we could find a way to make it autocast :D

As far as I can tell, the current time shield ability is pretty darn close to the real thing.

We only really need a few minor adjustments to the barb and wizard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.