• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SpellPack]- Elemental SpellPack v1.07b

Screenshot does not show all the spells. Please test the map itself to look the spells :)

Summons an Orb of Water which absorbs water from the surroundings. If the Orb is in water, it gathers water more quickly. When the orb timer is up or when an enemy touches the Orb, the magical energies holding the water will be removed, causing waves of water to come from the Orb.
Contest Spell!

Summons a Water Wave that deals damage to units in a line. The wave gains damage and AoE if in water and lose damage and AoE on land.

Starts firing several jets of water at the target point which damages the first unit it hits, dealing damage and slightly knocking back.

Summons a whirl pool which sucks enemy units towards it and deal damage to them per second.
Nice Eye-Candy!

Summons a liquid elemental. The liquid elemental cannot attack but will leave a trail of water as it moves in a spiral.. The trail will slow units near it. When the elemtal dies, the trail will disappear. The elemental and the trail will cause damage when they disappear.

The hero throws a mystical dust at the target area. The dust regrows all trees in the area and gives a chance to summon a Tree Spirit out of a regrown tree.Tree Spirits are spiritual, thus able to move through obstacles. When a Tree Spirit is in water, it will increase the amount of hitpoints it heals on death. When the Tree Spirit dies, it heal allied units.
Contest Spell!

The hero summons Nature Spirits which move around him and heal his allies nearby. When the spirit touches a tree, the tree will be converted into a Walking Tree.

The hero summons a Nature Ward which channels energy from nearby trees. Every second, the ward will release all its channeled energy, healing allies and damaging enemies.

The hero throws a magical missle that causes roots to bind everything it touches

The hero summons roots from below the earth, impaling units within range of the roots. Each impaled unit takes damage and is flung into the air for a short duration.

The hero calls forth a sand storm that moves forward. The sand storm causes damage to all unit it touches and drags them along with the storm.

Protects the hero with Earthly armour. 3 rocks will start circling the hero and dealing damage to enemy units.

Please comment on the spells so I can improve them! +rep for comments! :D
Enjoy!

v1.07=>v1.07b
-Fixed a critical bug with Entangling Magic. Thanks to ELECTROLYTE for reporting the bug.

v1.06c=>1.07
Massive changes, first update in about 9 months.
-Improved Implementation of Nature spells and Water Spells
-Improved efficiency of Nature spells
-Fixed a bug with Rejuvenation Dust
-Fixed a bug with Entangling Magic that left the dummy units behind
-Rewrote Earth Armour to have more functionality and look better
-Earth Armour is now stackable
-Improved the functionality of Liquid Elemental.
-Improved the terrain check for Whirlpool

v1.06b=>1.06c
Fixed bugs with many spells not dealing damage.
Fixed a bug with Nature Ward which caused it to show floating text at the Center of the Map.
Fixed a bug with Rejuvenation Dust that caused it to show floating text at the Center of the map and gain healing power regardless of location.

v1.06=>1.06b
Updated Water Spells slightly. Easier to implement and slightly more efficient. Will update Nature Spells next.

v1.05d=>1.06
Simplest spell ever added. Earth Armour. Typical "Summon stuff that circles around you". Done differently though.

v1.05c=>v1.05d
Fixed 2 bugs with Hydro Jet.

v1.05b=>v1.05c
Improved efficiency of most AoE effect spells. Updated Sand Storm to use Hashtables.
Also fixed a bug with Impaling Roots, which didn't allow it to go through trees.

v1.05=>v1.05b
Made Water Wave not use an indexing system. Uses Hashtables instead.

v1.04c=>v1.05
Spells comply with new section rules. 1.24 compatible. Updated screenie :D
Whirlpool mana bug is still existant, but generally fixed.

v1.04b=>v1.04c
Fixed a Mana Bug with Whirlpool when you cast it on land (its horrible, but I'll get it fixed soon :D). Map should be 100% compatible with 1.24 now. Also, Impaling Roots had a bug which made it deal crazy amounts of damage. Its fixed now.

v1.04=>v1.04b
Made Sand Storm and Water Wave destroy tress. Sand Storm looks better now, less lag- hopefully.

v1.03b=>v1.04
Added a new spell, Sand Storm

v1.03=>v1.03b
Fixed some leak removals and removed BJ in custom scripts (not sure if all were removed)

==========================================================
Credits: xxdingo93xx (Debug Message System :D)

v1.07 is quite a massive update, and there are probably some bugs. I tried to eliminate all of them during my tests, but its difficult for me alone, so please report any bugs :D

~Zack1996

Keywords:
GUI, Spellpack, Nature, Water, Earth, Contest, Element, Elemental
Contents

Elemental SpellPack v1.07b (Map)

Reviews
21:56, 19th Oct 2008 Dr Super Good: Mini moderators have reported this is an ok spell and thus it has been approved.
Level 17
If you updated this, it would be nice that you add a changelog...

Now, for the spells, the water spells seem ok, but you've got alot of problems considering removing leaks...
The problem is that you're removing locations and groups when they're not even present, thus doube-freeing or removing a null...
Let me give you an example:
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Current order of (Picked unit)) Not equal to (Order(move))
    • Then - Actions
      • Set TempPoint2 = (TempPoint offset by (Random real number between 50.00 and 200.00) towards (Random angle) degrees)
      • Unit - Order TempUnit to Move To TempPoint2
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Else - Actions
  • Set TempUnit = No unit
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint2)
(Nature Spirits)
Well here for instance, whether you creat the TempPoint2 which is conditional, it's being removed. So let's say condition returns false, you're calling to remove an already removed location... get what I'm saying?
I happens to most of the nature spells....

Oh and btw, don't use BJ's!!

Level 15
I like the spells, but the Grass Impale is too simple, its just renaming and coloring the tentacle and spell
Impaling Roots is actually 100% triggered. It allows you to do stuff to the hit units that the normal impale can't do, like deal Damage Over Time or Entangle them. Also, it is possible to "Impale" units which are under the effect of entangling roots, ensnare and its likes. You can do lots of stuff with this kind of spell, you just need to know how to. Ask me if you need certain help in stuff.

just wondering... Open question...

How does the 'call DebugError (GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit... (etc...)' actually work? coz i tried using it for a different purpose and could not figure it out...?
By the way zack spells are pretty cool.
Thanks. Also, DebugError is a function that xxdingo93xx made to show that Error message. The script for the function is in the map icon in the trigger editor (all the way at the top). That area is for you to imput code that you want to use for your map and xxdingo93xx wrote the function. You could copy it but you gotta remember to credit him. If you do copy it, you can use the error message function in your map as well.
xxdingo93xx rawks~!

Level 17
Ummm new update? I'll check it whenever I get the chance :)

EDIT:
Well I expected a Jass spell... but nevermind :p
I didn't fully read the trigger (Sand one) but here are the issues:
#1 Sort of laggy... and since the sand effects are big and contain alot of particles, you can lessen them ;)
#2 Globals, unlike Locals, don't need to be nulled...
  • Set TempUnit = No unit
Well looks good and doesn't have problems...
Gj!

Last edited:
Level 2
This is very good, but i think that whirlpool should be abel to be cast on land, or at least close to water. You could have another spell (Hydro jet?) going from the closest water two the middle of the whirlpool. also, your hero should automatically move to the center of the whirlpool, that might look better.
Also, The "Sand" behind the tornados in sand storm should fade out with the tornados. starting at the back.
And, the liquid elemental should move towards any near-by enemies, not just in its usual pattern.
Apart from all that, its all good.

Last edited:
Level 1
i dont like the way how snadstorm pushes units right pass trees, i think the victims should destroy trees when they are under the effects of sandstorm

Level 15
Ok, basically, TempPoint2 is a variable that I used to store a location. If the problem is an error message when saving the map (after importing the spells), please do the following:

1) Go to Preferences (File -> Preferences)
2) Check the box that says "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data".
3) Reimport the spells :D

BTW, I was 12 too when I joined the Hive, improved loads since then :D

EDIT: FINALLY UPDATED THE PACK! WOOT! I thank you guys for all the support so far, and I thank you for any future support :D

Last edited:
Level 6
Not sure if the spell is made that way or if it's a bug but, when you cast entangling magic it never stops it just keeps going in a line rooting anything caught in its path. It's just never ending.

Level 4
finally found nature spells which are really leakless....already implemented them in my map and are working perfectly! thanks, great spells :)

Level 8
The spell hydro jet doesn't properly turn off when finished casting.

In the spell loop this line needs to be fixed:
  • Unit Group - Remove (Triggering unit) from HydroJetCasters
Should be picked unit instead of triggering unit.

Anyways just wanna say thanks for such an awesome spell (if you're still here haha). I've been using hydro jet in my map for a while.

Level 4
First i wasn't sure if it is still MUI when multiple spells use the same variables, but according to the other comments it still is...

anyway i just used some few of them, and those work fine :) thanks!