1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[SpellPack]- Elemental SpellPack v1.07b

Submitted by Zack1996
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Screenshot does not show all the spells. Please test the map itself to look the spells :)

Spells

Water Spells
Water Orb
Summons an Orb of Water which absorbs water from the surroundings. If the Orb is in water, it gathers water more quickly. When the orb timer is up or when an enemy touches the Orb, the magical energies holding the water will be removed, causing waves of water to come from the Orb.
Contest Spell!

Water Wave
Summons a Water Wave that deals damage to units in a line. The wave gains damage and AoE if in water and lose damage and AoE on land.

Hydro Jet
Starts firing several jets of water at the target point which damages the first unit it hits, dealing damage and slightly knocking back.

Whirl Pool
Summons a whirl pool which sucks enemy units towards it and deal damage to them per second.
Nice Eye-Candy!

Liquid Elemental
Summons a liquid elemental. The liquid elemental cannot attack but will leave a trail of water as it moves in a spiral.. The trail will slow units near it. When the elemtal dies, the trail will disappear. The elemental and the trail will cause damage when they disappear.

Nature Spells
Rejuvenation Dust
The hero throws a mystical dust at the target area. The dust regrows all trees in the area and gives a chance to summon a Tree Spirit out of a regrown tree.Tree Spirits are spiritual, thus able to move through obstacles. When a Tree Spirit is in water, it will increase the amount of hitpoints it heals on death. When the Tree Spirit dies, it heal allied units.
Contest Spell!

Nature Spirits
The hero summons Nature Spirits which move around him and heal his allies nearby. When the spirit touches a tree, the tree will be converted into a Walking Tree.

Nature Ward
The hero summons a Nature Ward which channels energy from nearby trees. Every second, the ward will release all its channeled energy, healing allies and damaging enemies.

Entangling Magic
The hero throws a magical missle that causes roots to bind everything it touches

Impaling Roots
The hero summons roots from below the earth, impaling units within range of the roots. Each impaled unit takes damage and is flung into the air for a short duration.

Earth Spells
Sand Storm
The hero calls forth a sand storm that moves forward. The sand storm causes damage to all unit it touches and drags them along with the storm.

Earth Armour
Protects the hero with Earthly armour. 3 rocks will start circling the hero and dealing damage to enemy units.

Please comment on the spells so I can improve them! +rep for comments! :D
Enjoy!
Changelog

v1.07=>v1.07b
-Fixed a critical bug with Entangling Magic. Thanks to ELECTROLYTE for reporting the bug.

v1.06c=>1.07
Massive changes, first update in about 9 months.
-Improved Implementation of Nature spells and Water Spells
-Improved efficiency of Nature spells
-Fixed a bug with Rejuvenation Dust
-Fixed a bug with Entangling Magic that left the dummy units behind
-Rewrote Earth Armour to have more functionality and look better
-Earth Armour is now stackable
-Improved the functionality of Liquid Elemental.
-Improved the terrain check for Whirlpool

v1.06b=>1.06c
Fixed bugs with many spells not dealing damage.
Fixed a bug with Nature Ward which caused it to show floating text at the Center of the Map.
Fixed a bug with Rejuvenation Dust that caused it to show floating text at the Center of the map and gain healing power regardless of location.

v1.06=>1.06b
Updated Water Spells slightly. Easier to implement and slightly more efficient. Will update Nature Spells next.

v1.05d=>1.06
Simplest spell ever added. Earth Armour. Typical "Summon stuff that circles around you". Done differently though.

v1.05c=>v1.05d
Fixed 2 bugs with Hydro Jet.

v1.05b=>v1.05c
Improved efficiency of most AoE effect spells. Updated Sand Storm to use Hashtables.
Also fixed a bug with Impaling Roots, which didn't allow it to go through trees.

v1.05=>v1.05b
Made Water Wave not use an indexing system. Uses Hashtables instead.

v1.04c=>v1.05
Spells comply with new section rules. 1.24 compatible. Updated screenie :D
Whirlpool mana bug is still existant, but generally fixed.

v1.04b=>v1.04c
Fixed a Mana Bug with Whirlpool when you cast it on land (its horrible, but I'll get it fixed soon :D). Map should be 100% compatible with 1.24 now. Also, Impaling Roots had a bug which made it deal crazy amounts of damage. Its fixed now.

v1.04=>v1.04b
Made Sand Storm and Water Wave destroy tress. Sand Storm looks better now, less lag- hopefully.

v1.03b=>v1.04
Added a new spell, Sand Storm

v1.03=>v1.03b
Fixed some leak removals and removed BJ in custom scripts (not sure if all were removed)

==========================================================
Credits: xxdingo93xx (Debug Message System :D)

v1.07 is quite a massive update, and there are probably some bugs. I tried to eliminate all of them during my tests, but its difficult for me alone, so please report any bugs :D

~Zack1996

Keywords:
GUI, Spellpack, Nature, Water, Earth, Contest, Element, Elemental
Contents

Elemental SpellPack v1.07b (Map)

Reviews
21:56, 19th Oct 2008 Dr Super Good: Mini moderators have reported this is an ok spell and thus it has been approved.
  1. 21:56, 19th Oct 2008
    Dr Super Good:
    Mini moderators have reported this is an ok spell and thus it has been approved.

2. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Last Created unit leaks always, simply use a variable and clean the variable afterwards. set the variable to no unit.

And there were many 2nd places, because we all had 24 points.

3. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I already said that in the comment... please read what i write thanks.

4. Zack1996

Zack1996

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lol, didn't read it and too lazy to update it till now. I made the orb look better and other visuals are improved. Now you can't really see the wisp in the middle.

5. Hanky

Hanky

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Good spell idea and also the spell itself is ok. I see no leaks so far. The only thing that bother me is that the spell isn't MUI or at least MPI.

But else the spell is well made. Especially I liked the tooltip which is very detailed. So far I can give you a 3.5/5!

6. Zack1996

Zack1996

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The spell is MUI -_-
    You can try and spam it or get another caster or something and it will still work properly.
    If you find any bugs reguarding MUI or MPI problems, please tell me :D.
    Thanks for the review, +reps :)

7. Hanky

Hanky

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Really? Then I have to check it a second time. Maybe my eyes had a driver error.

Edit: Ups, yes you are right your spell seems to be MUI.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  8. Bobo_The_Kodo

Bobo_The_Kodo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Last created unit doesn't leak... it's a global

9. xxdingo93xx

xxdingo93xx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Idea/Creativity: 7/10
    Coding: 10/10
    Balance: 10/10
    Ability Tooltip: 10/10
    MUI: Yes (+2/10)
    (Yes: +2/10, No: -2/10, MPI: +/-0/10)
    Language: GUI: (+/- 0/10)
    (GUI: +/- 0/10, Jass: +1/10, vJass: +2/10)
    Total: 39/40

Average: 9/10 = 4/5

Viewers Note:

Hey man, a nice idea. There are leaking water spells everywhere so nice that you invented some.
    Your coding style is good too, all leaks are removed.
    Poor it is made in GUI >.< would look so good in Jass!!!
    Your ability tooltip is excellent. The balancing of the ability too.

10. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    @ The water wave.
    Set its life span to 8 seconds or so, much better effect.
    At its current, it doesnt really matter where it ware, it vanish after 2 sec. anyways.

By using 8 the wave will be REALLY big, at the end, but you can fix that by changing its scaling value, and add a "Mana of (Temp Unit)/2" to your scaling trigger.

Good Luck, triggering.

11. Zack1996

Zack1996

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the encouragement and for looking at my spell :D. I will update it with some changes and add more water spells soon : ).
    I was thinking maybe a whirlpool that really looks like one as in the units twirl around or something.
    PS: I agree that water spells are lacking in the spells section.
    EDIT: My spell doesn't seem to move to the top when I update. Also, the update date is not updated :p

12. Need_O2

Need_O2

Resources:
    Resources:
    go learn something noob

13. Zack1996

Zack1996

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Last created unit doesn't leak? Ok, but I'm too lazy to change anything for now.
    Also, please keep on topic about the spell and stop arguing with redscore (Yes, I know redscore is annoying sometimes).
    I am planning to add a whirlpool skill, just not sure when though.

14. Need_O2

Need_O2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your pack is just fine nothing bad about it (leaks or bugs)
    keep going

15. Dark_Dragon

Dark_Dragon

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Really impressive nice coding, spells and no leaks found. You use the bj_wantDestroyGroup which many people don't even think about, and it leaks much more then locations so as you use it you destroy this group and leaves no leaks. I give you 8/10. And btw nice GUI skills.

16. Zack1996

Zack1996

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Haha, thanks :)
    Anyway, I just updated with a new spell and some other stuff, the Screenie is updated too.
    Enjoy! :D
    PS: This doesn't seem to be updating itself...

17. -Berz-

-Berz-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Really sweet idea and eye melt effects on Whirl Pool. Really nice eye candy more like cinematic spell :D

Edit:
    Aww, if it would be possible it would be sweet to turn the spinning unit shadow off. Because i don't actually see unit spinning but the shadow D:

18. Zack1996

Zack1996

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the comment but I can't turn the shadows off for some reason :(. I guess GUI just doesn't allow it. Anyways, thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it :D
    And actually you only see the shadows cos they are underwater in a sense, I made a terrain deformation, a crater to be precise, at the position of the whirlpool. So when the units get close they start to go under the water :).

19. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well. Its going pretty neat now, especially that whirlpool.
    Thou, it reminds me of 'hydro pump' made by some guy here. But it seems like its yours, and also his uses a whirl not seperate rings.

Anyways, keep it up!

PS. It would be so neat if you made fire and nature sp3||p4x to.