• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell without animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am using a channel spell. When i cast the spell, i don't want the unit to do any animation. I removed the animation form the
Art - Animation name. But the unit is still doing animation.
After that i added stand animation to it. The animation stop but, the unit is looking a bit odd when he does that.

Any way to remove the animation that the unit does when he casts a spell?

Level 14
I guess it looks odd because the stand animation gets reset when channeling the spell :S?

The unit is doing the stand animation for halfway -> unit casts spell -> unit does that same animation again instead of finishing the previous one.

Is that it?

EDIT: just a wild guess, didn't test it or anything :p...

Last edited:
Level 7
I guess it looks odd because the stand animation gets reset when channeling the spell :S?

The unit is doing the stand animation for halfway -> unit casts spell -> unit does that same animation again instead of finishing the previous one.

Is that it?

EDIT: just a wild guess, didn't test it or anything :p...

Ya... This is what happenes

Level 7
I made a dummy caster which controls the real unit.

The real unit moves where the dummy unit moves... Because i guess that's the best way to do this.
Any hints on that?

Level 17
I made a dummy caster which controls the real unit.

The real unit moves where the dummy unit moves... Because i guess that's the best way to do this.
Any hints on that?

why just create dummy unit when needed and order him and add expiration timer to dummy and let him die in peace

like this
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set p = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of p matching (((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Triggering player)) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set p = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering player) at p facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Firebolt (Neutral Hostile) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_p)
so actually since dummy unit cant cast instant more ability then make that much dummy how much enemy exist for makeing a single target spell to aoe spell with dummies.

with expiration timer u dont must care about dummy unit coz its invisble and die without any effect after 2sec.

(if u want make look like u cast then created unit must have same position than caster and make caster do animation via trigger)

Level 7
But my problem here is i am using a stat something like haste in wow.
It increases the casting speed...

So.. having a constant value wont work.

So i changed my plan on making a dummy unit which controls the hero unit. That way i can control the action of the hero unit dynamically and make him perform a lot of things like no spell stopping the already given orders etc etc...

Level 37
Try adjusting the value of Data - Follow Through Time to your desired value like 0.00 or something, this field determines how fast your ability is executed and also, cuts your remaining time for your Animation.

Follow through time determines the time the caster keeps playing the animation and keeps the ability order after the spell has been cast (Starts the effect of an ability). It doesn't affect the time it takes for the ability to execute.

Unit stat Art - Animation - Cast Point affects the time between Begins casting... and Starts the effect...

Level 7
But, see if i set the flow through time equal to the cast point of the unit. When i cast a spell using channel. He will show effects only once.

But, when i decrease the cast point. When i use channel the unit will try to play the animation more than once. Which i don't want.

So...

Status
Not open for further replies.