• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell Request] vampire bat form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me make a spell.

the spell is to turn a dreadlord into a gargoyle for a given time period and them back to a dreadlord, its a metamorphisis type spell but i just cant get it to work.

Level 6
Okay first use the Methamorphosis spell. Maybe it doesn't work because you take the common Gargoyle (unit) while the Dreadlord is a hero. So you must create a Gargoyle hero copied from a Dreadlord (same stats, speeds and others, but different model and icon). Next pick your meta then change the values and typos.

Level 18
it's actually not a good idea to do time expired metamorphosis into flying units, because if you are over water or over trees when the metamorphosis is over then you run into BAD problems.

this happened to me when i was creating the same sort of ability.

if they meta back over water, they die.
if they meta back over woods their elevation doesn't change properly. i would avoid making this ability last a certain amount of time, but instead, a permanent amount of time until they want to switch back to the dreadlord... like in Dracula's Curse.

you could base this type of ability off of the druid of the talon's storm crow ability.

Level 2
would it be possible to create a trigger to counter this problem, to say:

If unit changes back over water/trees/cliffs/etc., move unit to closest walkable area?

if so would someone mind helping me with that trigger too?

Level 40
or you could just say

Unit - A Unit Begins Casting an Ability //YES, BEGINS CASTING IS INTENTIONAL
Conditions
Somehow check if the location isnt pathable here, Im not familiar with this in GUI
Actions
Unit - Pause Triggering Unit
Unit - Order Triggering Unit to Stop
Unit - Unpause Triggering Unit
//display error message here

Status
Not open for further replies.