• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Alternate Form (Metamorphosis/Chemical Rage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Spell Request Help!:spell_breaker:

I'm trying to make a skill that enhances the move speed and attack speed of the unit for a brief period of time. The best way I saw to do this was with Chemical Rage form and have the model be the same. When I tried this though, I don't think it worked at all. Speed didn't increase, the damages stacked and were permanent, not temporary, and when you initially learn the skill it automatically uses it. This part really puzzles me, 'cause I don't know why it happens...

Could someone explain to me how the alternate forms work? I don't quite get it. I put the Alternate Form as the same unit 'cause I didn't want it to look different, but I think that is the problem. Does the Alternate Form need to be different?

Anyways, is this really the best way to execute this spell?

I'm still trying to understand Alternate Forms though, so if anyone could elaborate, I'd be really thankful.

Level 19
No for red question
you make unit gain damage-momentspeed increasing runes
or make a dummy cast increasing spells on you

And your way should work anyway (like Morphed illidan can have more damage and moment speed by changing damage of altarnate form to a higher value)

Level 3
So I've decided to go about with this skill using a dummy that pops up and buffs the hero with a modified version of slow.
Noob Question:

How do I make a dummy unit???? I can't seem to make a unit have no model file, but that's what I'm aiming for, so that it can pop up and not be seen and buff the hero and then be removed via triggers. Help please!!!

Level 3
Okay here's what I've come up with so far, I hope it's understandable:

• Predator Overdrive
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Overdrive
    • Actions
      • Set loc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Neutral Passive at loc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_loc )
      • Unit - Set level of Overdrive! for (Last created unit) to 1
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Triggering unit)
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
I know the unit is being created because before you guys told me about locust, it was being killed by allied units. However, the dummy never casts the spell on the hero.
If someone could please look into it, I don't know how to make a unit cast a specific spell, there are only the set original skills units have which is why I chose Sorceress - Slow because I thought that maybe it needed to work of the base skill I used for my custom skill.
Edit: Actually I got it to work. I guess it does work off the base skill.

Another problem arises though, I tried to edit Slow and have it be positive % so that it'd have the opposite effect and speed a unit up. This didn't seem to work though.
Maybe the editor won't allow positive gains for this effect? Do I have to enable something in the gameplay constants?
OMG I'M AN IDIOT, I COULD JUST USE BLOODLUST, WOW.I still think I'd like to know if it's possible to do what I was originally trying to do.

Edit:Edit: Oh and I also need to know how to set up a variable or SOMETHING to check the level of the skill. Anyone know how I could go about doing this? As of now I have it setup only for level 1. :( Gonna have problems after that.

Last edited:
Level 29
  • Predator Overdrive
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Overdrive
    • Actions
      • Set loc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Neutral Passive at loc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_loc )
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Acid Bomb for (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Integer A)
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set level of Acid Bomb for (Last created unit) to (Integer A)
            • Else - Actions
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Triggering unit)

Since the slow is based on, well, SLOW, as you make the value bigger it slows MORE not less.

You should make it a negative value (-).
To do that press Shift and then twice on the value box, then you can put whatever number you want beetwin -1,000,000,000 and 1,000,000,000.

Level 3
Quick question about gameplay constants:

Does the 0.02 attack speed per agi point mean 2% increase per point?
So .01 = 1%
1.0=100% ?

Or is 1 = 1%?

Level 29
Sadly we can't post posts that have less then 15 characters.
Probably its to prevent spamming, but I don't really see how that would work.
Im spamming right now for example and it doesn't stop me :p

tahku, when ever you wonder if the values of spells are like that (1 = 100% or 1 = 1%) just look at how much the value is worth.

If its smaller then 1 then its 1 = 100%, if its bigger it'll be 1= 1%.

Status
Not open for further replies.