• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Metamorphosis and alternate animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to make a gargoyle with metamorphosis to add flying for a short period of time(for balance reasons, obviously he isn't always flying). The change is simple- he "morphs" from himself into himself as a flying, non attacking version of himself.

However, since he has an alternate stand animation, he turns into the stone form gargoyle whenever he stops, which is really quite annoying.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

I've tried using crow form, which crashed whenever it's used by a hero.

Level 19
ouch... I hate when it happens... (avatar form in demon hunter for example) well

Unit Starts Effect of Ability
Unit Finishes casting Ability
Animation - Remove "alternate" tag from casting unit

Try this one. If it doesnt work
edit the model and remove Alternate animations

Level 19
Download the War3 Model Editor
Windows->MPQ browser
find the gargoyle and open its .mdx file

After you open gargoyle go to Sequence manager from Windows
Delete every animation containing Alternate
Save the model and import it again

I dont recomend this one because it increases map size

AND

I didnt get what you mean by "go the entire time". Check your trigger and add a condition like "If Beign Casted Ability is Metamorphosis"

Level 2
No it deletes the alternate string, and therefore the animation becomes "stand"...at least that's what I'm assuming. After it casts the metamorphosis once, all stand animations are stone form.

Thanks for your help, I'll go tinker more.

Level 19
No it doesnt delete alternate string

When unit goes in to avatar-morph mode it gets an alternate animation tag
we remove the tag and its fine

Level 5
Use tinker's robo goblin ability. That works with heroes...

seriously... I don't get why people seldom use that spell. It's one of my faves to edit for morphing...

Status
Not open for further replies.