• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Metamorphosis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
i've tried so many things to make a decent Metamorphosis spell but it just seems to not work as i want...i've tried searching on the forum but no luck, so now i'm asking for help once again :cry:

I've managed through triggers to make a simple unit replacement (non-heroes) through triggers which works fine, problems came when i wanted to make a morph spell for a druid hero (yeah, sort of wow-like druid :) ).
when the unit morphs i want it to keep the level of the hero and the same skills of the original unit (which includes bonuses from tomes, so making another unit doesn't seem to work) plus some bonuses (i could add a disabled spellbook with passive abilities for that so it's not a problem). It has to change the main skill (for example from int to str), remove all the hero skills and of course change the model.
I've tried with Chaos, Demon Hunter Metamorphosis and druid of the claw Morph...they all screw up things... :cry:

Also, while we're at it, can someone explain me how does "Change animation tag" work?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Basically, what you need to do is when the unit morphs into its other form, the hero is changed to neutral passive and hidden. Then a new hero is made, this hero has its EXp copyed exactly to the same as the other hero, and its stats copyed identically. Thats that morph done.

To return to normal, simply update the EXP of the other hidden hero to be that of the current one, then do the same for stats and then simple unhide it and change it back to the rightful owner. To finish off, simply remove the created morph hero.

Level 7
that's so poo...so many morphing skills in War3 and none that can just do its work fine with other units :slp:
Thanks for the help, going to test it now

EDIT: Got a new problem, though it's not related to metarphosis, that works fine (had to add item swapping and % life and mana too). The metamorphosis spells are in a spellbook, when i click on the spell and it replaces the unit, i get in the commands screen the disabled spellbook i gave to the morphed unit which i have to close.
i was wondering if you can force the press of the esc key or close the spellbook in any way through triggers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.