• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kinda Easy (I think) Spell Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
If anyone will do this I would be very thankfull:
I thought up a cool spell for my map, but im not sure how I could get it to work. I wasn't sure how I could make it though, and was wondering if somone here would make it for me (I will give credit in map).
The spell is Hex Ward, a 4 level hero ability that basically is like a Stasis ward only instead of stun units around it, will hex them, turning them into critters for a short period of time. Please help, or tell me if this has alreayd been done. Thanks.

Level 9
Here is my idea:

Do the ff:

Modify the unit type summoned in the stasis trap like changing it to an immovable sorceress whose model is a stasis trap. The point is, this unit can attack enemies but cant walk.

Custumized & modify item orb of lightning & hex abilities. replace purge ability in the item OL w/ modified hex abilities. Since hex ability is a targeting spell, perhaps this will work. Name this new ability as Item orb of hex then give it to the unit being summoned.

Therefore when you use Hex Ward, you will summon an immovable ward that will attack enemies then will turn them into random critters through the Item Orb of Hex.

Level 1
Spell

Or you could always make a un-moveable sorceress with just one spell at autocast, and that is hex. You then change her model to a ward. Then she will cast hex at a random target as soon as she can, aye? Good luck anyway!

Level 11
No... Statis Ward doesn't work like this. It waits a couple of seconds and then again waits until (Number of Units within range matching condition (Mathching Unit belongs to an enemy of (Casting Unit) equal to true) greater than 0) and then picks every enemy unit and casts stun on it. For your ward, you should use something like this:

Event - An Unit Starts Casting an Ability
Conditions - Ability Being Cast equal to YourAbility
Actions - Set Variable = Target Point of Ability Being Cast
- Wait 4.00 seconds
- Wait for Condition (Number of Units within 800 matching ((Matching Unit) belongs to an enemy of (Casting Unit) equal to true) Greater than 0) Checking every 0.10 seconds.
- Pick Up Every Units within 800 range of Variable [note: this is the variable which you set at the beginning of the actions] matching ((Matching Unit) belongs to an enemy of (Casting Unit) equal to true) and do action
-> Create one dummy unit at position of (Picked Unit) for (Owner of (Casting Unit))
-> Set 1 second expiration timer to (Last Created Unit)
-> Order (Last Created Unit) to Human - Sorceress - Hex (Picked Unit)

That should do it.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.