• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ward invulnerability problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there!
I would like to ask you a favor... I'm lost in this case.

I'd like to make a spell, which will summon a ward that will ensure an invulnerability to other types of wards which will be in some range of my protective ward.

I was trying a lot of ways how to do this, but i failed almost always. I almost done this thing by using a dummy unit which was casting a big bad voodoo targeted only for ward types units, but the effect was periodical. One second invulnerable, another second vulnerable.

Is there any easy way how to make this work?

Thanks for answers.

Level 2
i tried to change values in voodoo spell, but it works so strange.... for example i create 3 wards and one protective one... When i start casting voodo with my protective ward, only 2 of my wards became invulnerable, the last one is normal... have no idea what's wrong... If someone knows how to make this work by using triggers that will be awesome...

My idea in triggers was when i start effect of my spell, it will create a protective totem and it turn on another trigger. Next trigger will add into my protectivegroup random unit from unitgroup of type xxx(healing ward etc..) owned by owner of protective ward... Then pick every units in protectivegroup and make picked unit invulnerable... another trigger will have expiration time event, or when protective ward dies... Pick everyunits in protectivegroup and make them vulnerable... :/ but it doesn't work... i can't figure it out on my own

Status
Not open for further replies.