• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Voodoo Aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Can someone please tell me how to make a spell. The spell will be an aura of 400 range, in which everytime an enemy unit comes into the aura, they are hexed. Every 10 seconds, all enemy units in the aura will be hexed for 2 seconds. Thx

Level 10
Code:
Event-
unit learns skill
Condition
skill learned = to Voodo Aura
Actions-
Set Triggering unit = CASTER
Trigger- Turn on Hex (Second trigger)

**SECOND TRIGGER**
HEX
Event-
every 10 sec.
Condition-
------
Actions-
Trigger- Turn On  The Morph

**THIRD TIGGER**
THE MORPH
Event-
every .01 sec
Actions-
Create one HEX DUMMY for owner of CASTER
order lastcreated unit to shadow hunter hex random unit within 400 of CASTER matching matching unit equal to enemy of CASTER equal to true and maatching unit not equal to building and matching unit is not dead.
Remove last created unit from game.

these are rough triggers but i think you will get the idea.

Level 1
i don't really understand the last part... do you think you could elaborate? im not very sure what you mean by HEX DUMMY or CASTER

Level 1
hmm all the enemy units around my hero have the hex buff but none of them are actually hexed. what did I do wrong?

This is exactly what I have:

Folder Constant:
Trigger Start:
Events:
Unit - Paladin 0001 <gen> Learns a skill
Conditions:
(Learned Hero Skill) Equal To Voodoo Aura
Actions:
Selection - Select (Triggering unit) for CASTER
Trigger - Turn on HEX <gen>

Trigger HEX:
Events:
Time - Every 10 seconds of game time
Actions:
Trigger - Turn on THE CHANGE <gen>

Trigger THE CHANGE:
Events:
Time - Every .01 seconds of game time
Actions:
Unit - Create 1 HEX DUMMY for CASTER at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Right-Click Paladin 0001 <gen>
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shadow Hunter - Hex (Random unit from (Units within 400 of (Position of Paladin 0001 <gen>) matching ((((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of CASTER) Equal to True) and ((((Triggering unit) is dead) Equal to False) and (((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to False)))
Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game

That's my code

Status
Not open for further replies.