• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell Request] Elemental Punch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi guys,
Im just about to finish my map and i would need this spell.

Spell:
Just a simple punch with some lightning sfx and a knockback, should be MUI GUI and iy should have a 30% chance to slow the targets MS and AS for 50% for 5 seconds.Knockback range should be 500 and the Damage should be (Intelligents X 6).

Level 37
@Def

You're using three different parent keys:
  • Hashtable - Save Duration as (Key Duration) of (Key (Target unit of ability being cast)) in HashEP
  • Hashtable - Save Handle OfCasterLoc as (Key CasterLoc) of (Key (Triggering unit)) in HashEP
  • Hashtable - Save Handle OfPlayerUnit as (Key PlayerUnit) of (Key (Owner of (Triggering unit))) in HashEP
You store locations into hashtable, but remove the locations immeadiately after that. You're not using the "stored" locations afterwards, so why store them?

The location removing scripts are all in a wrong place in the looping trigger.

Make the turn off check only after a unit is removed from the group.

Just trying to help you improve your spells :)

Level 33
@Def

You're using three different parent keys:
  • Hashtable - Save Duration as (Key Duration) of (Key (Target unit of ability being cast)) in HashEP
  • Hashtable - Save Handle OfCasterLoc as (Key CasterLoc) of (Key (Triggering unit)) in HashEP
  • Hashtable - Save Handle OfPlayerUnit as (Key PlayerUnit) of (Key (Owner of (Triggering unit))) in HashEP
You store locations into hashtable, but remove the locations immeadiately after that. You're not using the "stored" locations afterwards, so why store them?

The location removing scripts are all in a wrong place in the looping trigger.

Make the turn off check only after a unit is removed from the group.

Just trying to help you improve your spells :)

Ahahah no offense are taken, dude
Thank you for the tips :D
+rep haha

1. Did I use the stored variable, in my EP Loop trigger ?
Where the Set CasterLoc = (load) bla bla ?

2. Should the custom script be inside THEN function ?

3. I did the Number of units in group greater 0, right ?
If 0, well, turn off ?

Still learning ^^

Level 33
Oh, because my Angle is based only once, not updated once every 0.05 seconds, that is why I didn't need to store CasterLoc and TargetLoc into the hashtable, is it ?
And thank you for the Turn off trigger when group 0 :D

And may I ask you why did the Duration is loaded, outside the THEN function ?
Just curious :D

Level 12
Oh, because my Angle is based only once, not updated once every 0.05 seconds, that is why I didn't need to store CasterLoc and TargetLoc into the hashtable, is it ?
And thank you for the Turn off trigger when group 0 :D

And may I ask you why did the Duration is loaded, outside the THEN function ?
Just curious :D

Wow thankis defskull and maker, you already posted on 2 of my threads thanks =) +rep

EDIT: I saw the spell it's great but could you add like a sfx when punching the target?!!

Level 21
Would be useful for a Pokemon map and a way to make sure creeps or even unwanted people away with a punch of elemental!

Level 12
Alright nice thanks =)!

EDIT: Last thing, i would need 2 other abillities that don't interfere with each other because i want to use these triggers more than just once !.. i wanna make fire, ice, thunder(made) Punch

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.