• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting Simple Knockback Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hey.

I'm new to making knockback spells so I'm requesting you to make one that I'll be using in a campaign and will learn from it. You'll get some rep & credits when it's done.

Here are some information:

A spell that deals damage and knockbacks nearby enemy units. Units within 250 range are damaged by 500 and pushed back by 1000 range. Units within 500 range are damaged by 250 and pushed back by 500 range. Units within 750 range are damaged by 100.

• GUI only.
  • Leakless.
  • NOT laggy.
  • The ability doesn't need to be MUI or anything, it's simple boss spell.

Level 37
Is it ok that the damage scales linearly with distance? Only one level?

Here you go:

-link removed-

A bit about the configurables:

Bonus damage doesn't affect anything.
Initial speed is how fast the units are knocked back during the first loop.
Deceleration is how quickly the knockback speed slows down.
Minimum speed is the speed that is considered as not being knocked back anymore. Due to deceleration (dividing a value with a number that's close to one won't change it much) , the unit could remain knocked back for a long time even though it is not moving much. Minimum speed prevents that.
Damage distance threshold is the distance within which units will take full damage. Kind of like a capped offset for the linear damage function.

Last edited:
Level 37
- Yea the damage can scale depending how far the units are knockbacked.
- I tested, but I'm still not sure if the units have different knockback distances? It would be more tactical for the boss that closer player's units are more knockbacked and damaged they are. 2 different distances are enough, I think. Within 300 and 500.
=> Or you could make the distance longer depending how close they are to the position of boss.
- Yea only one level, it's a boss spell, but the damage is different that depends of the difficulty... There are 4 difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.