• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi, you suggested ideas and i'll give you some.

Nature Mage
Storm Wind - I think you could change the size of the model of this ability to a bit greater. Back in reality, a very small tornado don't calls lightnings right? So I thought you could put some reality on this ability.
- And I have a suggestion for this ability, the units affected by the storm starts swirling around the tornado or pulled to inside of it, but continue taking lightnings.
Nature's Protection Seems that you didn't use the idea of Flame_Phoenix on this ability, though I think you can improve this ability a bit better. When the mage binds himself with a tree, the tree could transform into a ent to attack the enemys while the mage is recovering.

Architect
Archichaos - The ability is great but if you could do on thing like, instead of channeling, the architect could be able to move and the towers flies around him in circles damaging the enemys.
There is a bug in the Golden Strike abilitie. The icon in disabled mode is in green, so see if the path is correct.

The idea of construction is cool, but it would be better if the gatherer could take down the trees. There is few space to build, and the dead of trees is great for doing abilitys capable of opening path. I'll give an other suggestion about that later in this post.

Medicine Doctor
Wave of Restoration - I have an idea for this spell. Instead of having a healing link between units, the doctor creates a healing energy nova, healing the units affected by the nova. The AoE increases with the level of the ability and/or the intelligence of the doctor.

Other suggestions

-The abilities have a great cooldown, try to small it a bit.
-Almost of the abilities are single target, that reduces the devastion effect of a powerful hero, so if you want to change the trees to "mortal trees", I suggest you make another hero, a another mage this time, but this mage could be capable of doing spells of great AoE with massive damages (fire, earth, lightnings, etc).

Level 18
The idea of the ent is pretty cool, but the more you play the more you will realize it would do basically nothing against a powerful Death Knight. Pointless, really. It would be much better suited in a game where you are fighting multiple enemies rather than a single, powerful Hero.

Storm Wind is very similar to Storm Ward. Almost too similar. Because of this, instead of making it it's own ability I could mod Storm Ward to cyclone nearby units, but the thing is this would be very unfair to the Death Knight seeing as the ward has a low cd, is not an ultimate ability, and Hunters can buy a wand of the wind from their shop to cyclone him anyway.

I know the path is wrong and I'm working on that to be fixed in 2.5, thanks though :wthumbsup:.

Healing Nova could be a decent idea, but maintaining Heroes inside the AOE would be kind of tough for a Med Doc. It could work though, as seeing that I want to get rid of "Depletion".

Abilities cooldowns have been balanced many times over the life of Against the Darkness. They, in my opinion and the opinions of my testers are fit to achieve the level of difficulty desired for ATD.

Most abilities focus on single targets because they are intended to be cast on the Death Knight.

Thanks for the ideas and I will take them all into consideration :wwink:

Level 9
The ent idea I thought that because the hunters fight against groups of creeps, some times hard to defeat, but the map is yours and you do what you think that fits better.

Look I'm making a map too and it's posted in "Art"->"Projects"->"TV series: Heroes", I see your map and is brilliant, full of original ideas, and I thought you could give me ideas too and help me build it much better. I made a map called Duel Wizards Beta Version 1.4, and is really crap. i made it alone and was my first map, so I love your map, and you have experience, I think you can teach me one thing or two, what do you think?

keep an eye on the thread of my game. i really need your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.