• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hi i have a spell request:

Name: Holy Wave
Element: Holy
Spell Type: No Target
Levels: 3
Damage: should be changeable
Effects: Knockbacking, Stuning and Damaging
Triggering Type: JASS (pls not vJASS :D)
Description: see image below
HolyWave.gif

Description add on:The Holy wave should only knockback and stun the vampire units. The vamps should be stunned after they flew away xD. Knockback range should be less then 800. would be nice if the vamp is flewing like in my picture but if its not possible then use a normal knock back. The yellow wave thingy: it would be nice if it could be sphere like (like here)
If you have any questions ask me :D

thank you in advance
~Jay-D

Hmm, i could try to do it in JASS(but why not vJass? it is simpler to manage and use)

Btw, should the spell only affect one type of units or enemy units? And should the knockback be like a jump knockback or just a ground knockback? And the last thing i did not quite get with that ally inside a buble or sum. Is it supposed to burn undead and heal any other than undeads?

Please tell more ;)

Level 18
Hi i would need too some spells if you have time ...they are a bit hard through well all spells are conected to the "Spell 2:Lightning/rain/snow Cloud"...

Spell 2:Lightning/rain/snow Cloud
Create a unit(cloud)(the cloud must be controlable) (i have the model) ... that flies around
effect comes in spell 3/4/5 well ; lvl 1 creates a cloud for 60 seconds and adds 30 extra damage to spell 3/4/5 ; lvl 2 creates a cloud for 65 seconds and adds 60 extra damage to spell 3/4/5 ; lvl 3 creates a cloud for 70 seconds and adds 90 extra damage to spell 3/4/5 ; lvl 4 creates a cloud for 75 seconds and adds 120 extra damage to spell 3/4/5 ; lvl 5 creates a cloud for 80 seconds and adds 150 extra damage to spell 3/4/5 (the cloud must be in 1200 aoe of the caster if the cloud goes farer away the cloud returns to the caster)

Spell 3:Lightning
The caster creates a lightning ball with his staff(have the model of lightning ball) that flies up to the Lightning/rain/snow Cloud(Spell 2) and then creates randomly lightning strikes at the clouds position (AOE=400) for 3.5 seconds,(without the cloud the spell doesn´t work) ; lvl 1 deals 70 damage and paralyze for 0.5 seconds ; lvl 2 deals 100 damage and paralyze for 0.8 seconds ; lvl 3 deals 130 damage and paralyze for 1.2 seconds ; lvl 4 deals 160 damage and paralyze for 1.5 seconds ; lvl 5 deals 190 damage and paralyze for 0.5 seconds.(IMPORTANT: If the unit has Rain buff then adds +50 damage)

Spell 4:Rain
The caster creates a Rain ball with his staff(have the model of Rain ball) that flies up to the Lightning/rain/snow Cloud(Spell 2) and then creates rain at the clouds position (AOE=600) for 3.5 seconds,(without the cloud the spell doesn´t work) ; lvl 1 adds Rain buff to all units in the target spot(Buff remains for 20 seconds) and slows the Movement Speed of the units in the target spot 20% ; lvl 2 adds Rain buff to all units in the target spot(Buff remains for 21 seconds) and slows the Movement Speed of the units in the target spot 25% ; lvl 3 adds Rain buff to all units in the target spot(Buff remains for 22 seconds) and slows the Movement Speed of the units in the target spot 30% ; lvl 4 adds Rain buff to all units in the target spot(Buff remains for 23 seconds) and slows the Movement Speed of the units in the target spot 35% ; lvl 5 adds Rain buff to all units in the target spot(Buff remains for 24 seconds) and slows the Movement Speed of the units in the target spot 40%.

Spell 5:Snow
The caster creates a Snow ball with his staff(have the model of Snow ball) that flies up to the Lightning/rain/snow Cloud(Spell 2) and then creates Blizzards at the clouds position (AOE=400) for 8 seconds,(without the cloud the spell doesn´t work) ; lvl 1 deals 40 damage and 15% chance to freeze the unit for 2 seconds ; lvl 2 deals 70 damage and 18% chance to freeze the unit for 2.6 seconds ; lvl 3 deals 100 damage and 21% chance to freeze the unit for 3.2 seconds ; lvl 4 deals 130 damage and 24% chance to freeze the unit for 3.8 seconds ; lvl 5 deals 160 damage and 27% chance to freeze the unit for 4.4 seconds. (IMPORTANT: If the unit has Rain buff then adds +20% to freeze the enemy unit for x(spell lvl) seconds)

HERE IS A PIC TO SHOW HOW I WANT THE SPELL:thumbs_up:.
42691d1227876239-spell-request-semple.jpg

o_O lots of text, me like ^^

Ok, should the cloud be like the main thing for all spells. Like a cloud spellpack?

And for the spells, is it like you throw an element at the cloud to make the cloud do stuff`?

Btw, do you want it in GUI or vJass?

Level 5
yeah i need it as a kind of vamp detect (or vamp damage spell) and the picture with teh ally inside the bubble should only show that the ally isnt affected by the knockback thing

-ground and air knockback pls
-the knockback: jumpknockback^^

Level 12
o_O lots of text, me like ^^

Ok, should the cloud be like the main thing for all spells. Like a cloud spellpack?

And for the spells, is it like you throw an element at the cloud to make the cloud do stuff`?

Btw, do you want it in GUI or vJass?

yes the cloud should be the main thing... and yes the caster throws an element to make the cloud do stuff and GUI please:thumbs_up:

Level 18
yeah i need it as a kind of vamp detect (or vamp damage spell) and the picture with teh ally inside the bubble should only show that the ally isnt affected by the knockback thing

-ground and air knockback pls

Ok, But then if the unit is an Ally Vamp.

I got a better idea. All undead enemy types will be affected. So that you and i dont have to mess around with a big filter. K?

Level 14
Asomath´s Request: Charge has been done.
Unexpected Charge - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

I´ll continue with the Splitting Boulder Spell later.

Pure beauty. I have been waiting for such a spell for a couple months now. Nothing in the spell was done wrong, nothing I dislike about it. You even added a great eyecandy effect. I even learned somthing new to importing spells through your guide. Thanks!

+Rep Paladon

I'll let you guys get around to other peoples spells! You may see another request coming from me though :p

~Asomath

Level 9
Heres a System that I was planning on developing for my own map , Fallen Legends , but seeing as I'm going away for quite awhile maybe you could help me and create it for me.

System : Threat System

Basic Functions : Allows me to enable a threat based targeting system to any unit , not player. The chosen unit will target whoever is highest on his threat list.

Example :
1) Unit Boss has threat initialized using the Init_ThreatUnit function.
2) Unit Boss is damaged by unit Attacked1.
3) Threat is added to Attacker1 for Boss using Threat_AddThreatUnit. Attacker1 is now the biggest "Threat" to Boss and Boss will "Target" Attacker1.
4) Attacker2 casts a spell on Boss and threat is added, Boss now sees Attacker2 as the biggest "Threat" and targets Attacker2

I hope I'm getting through with the main idea. Its similar to the WoW Threat System.

Needed Functions :
1) A function to Init Threat System for a particular unit.
2) The unit must change "Targets" periodically, e.g once every 10 seconds to the unit with the Highest Threat.
3) A function that changes the current "Target" and disables changing for "Example" seconds. Needed for a Taunt Spell.
4) A function that adds the threat to an "Attacker" for a "Boss". All threat will be added this way and there is no need for a damage detection system. E.g
JASS:
function Threat_AddThreatUnit takes unit Attacker, unit Receiver, real Threat return nothing
5) A function that returns the current "Target" of a particular unit.
6) A function that can remove threat from a Particular Unit.

These are the basics of the system that I need, I would really appreciate some help making it ( in vJass/Jass ) and of coarse full credit will be given to the creator in the map.

Thanks,
- Kixer

Level 18
Heres a System that I was planning on developing for my own map , Fallen Legends , but seeing as I'm going away for quite awhile maybe you could help me and create it for me.

System : Threat System

Basic Functions : Allows me to enable a threat based targeting system to any unit , not player. The chosen unit will target whoever is highest on his threat list.

Example :
1) Unit Boss has threat initialized using the Init_ThreatUnit function.
2) Unit Boss is damaged by unit Attacked1.
3) Threat is added to Attacker1 for Boss using Threat_AddThreatUnit. Attacker1 is now the biggest "Threat" to Boss and Boss will "Target" Attacker1.
4) Attacker2 casts a spell on Boss and threat is added, Boss now sees Attacker2 as the biggest "Threat" and targets Attacker2

I hope I'm getting through with the main idea. Its similar to the WoW Threat System.

Needed Functions :
1) A function to Init Threat System for a particular unit.
2) The unit must change "Targets" periodically, e.g once every 10 seconds to the unit with the Highest Threat.
3) A function that changes the current "Target" and disables changing for "Example" seconds. Needed for a Taunt Spell.
4) A function that adds the threat to an "Attacker" for a "Boss". All threat will be added this way and there is no need for a damage detection system. E.g
JASS:
function Threat_AddThreatUnit takes unit Attacker, unit Receiver, real Threat return nothing
5) A function that returns the current "Target" of a particular unit.
6) A function that can remove threat from a Particular Unit.

These are the basics of the system that I need, I would really appreciate some help making it ( in vJass/Jass ) and of coarse full credit will be given to the creator in the map.

Thanks,
- Kixer

Nice idea ;), i will look into it

Level 22
Spell:
Strafing Run
From the edge of the map a fighter flies out to the target point and beyond. right before you see the fighter going onto the target point, effects such as bullet marks (argh how do you describe it?) pop up in a wide line... argh i think this video explains it all:
YouTube - Company of Heroes absurd Strafing Run

If you could make an optional option that adds rocket being fired along side the bullets, that would be cool.

Bombing Run:
essentially strafing run, but with bombs, and the bombs blow up AFTER you see the plane:
YouTube - CoH Bombing Run

Tank Vulnerabilities:
So if a tank is hit on any of its sides, multiple events can happen:

Rear Hit: Critical Hit, the attack does X amount more damage, and has a chance for the following event to occur:
Rear Hit: Deals Critically high damage to the tank. This event occurs if none of the other events occur.
Engine Destroyed: Movement speed is drastically reduced, by the tank can still move.
Fuel Tank Exploded: Tank is instantly destroyed.
Out of Control: Only works if the tank is under 35% hp. The tank will become uncontrollable and begin moving about randomly and will explode after a few seconds. if it comes in contact with any unit, it will blow up.
Nothing: no effects other than the critical hit.

Side Hits: Side hits deal regular damage. Getting hit on the side has a chance to do one of these effects
Side Hit: Regular Damage. This event occurs if none of the other events occur.
Track Damaged: Reduced movement speed

Front Hits: Attacking a tanks front deals significantly lowered damage. Attacking the front has one of these effects:
Frontal Attack: The Tank takes 1/4 of the regular damage. This is standard if anyone of the other events occur.
Main Gun Destroyed: The Tank loses all attack damage.
Crew Member Killed: The Tank loses minor movement speed and minor attack damage.
Deflect: Tank takes no damage and the projectile is deflected upwards

Top Hit: Only applies when air units attack the tank.
Top Hit:Above normal damage, but less damage than a Rear Hit
Crew Member Killed: Same as above
Armament Destroyed: Tank can no longer attack, tank is silenced (for spells)
Fuel Tank Exploded: Tank is instantly destroyed
Tank Crew Killed: Tank becomes neutral, a circle of power pops up near the tank. once X amount of your own troops come near the circle of power, they go into the tank and the tank is operational

Once an event occurs, display the event name in red letters above the tank.

Ok... thats about it. If you cant do the Tank Damage, thats fine, i can live without it.

All of these effects can be removed if the tank is repaired to 90% of its hp.

Level 18
Spell:
Strafing Run
From the edge of the map a fighter flies out to the target point and beyond. right before you see the fighter going onto the target point, effects such as bullet marks (argh how do you describe it?) pop up in a wide line... argh i think this video explains it all:
YouTube - Company of Heroes absurd Strafing Run

If you could make an optional option that adds rocket being fired along side the bullets, that would be cool.

Bombing Run:
essentially strafing run, but with bombs, and the bombs blow up AFTER you see the plane:
YouTube - CoH Bombing Run

Tank Vulnerabilities:
So if a tank is hit on any of its sides, multiple events can happen:

Rear Hit: Critical Hit, the attack does X amount more damage, and has a chance for the following event to occur:
Rear Hit: Deals Critically high damage to the tank. This event occurs if none of the other events occur.
Engine Destroyed: Movement speed is drastically reduced, by the tank can still move.
Fuel Tank Exploded: Tank is instantly destroyed.
Out of Control: Only works if the tank is under 35% hp. The tank will become uncontrollable and begin moving about randomly and will explode after a few seconds. if it comes in contact with any unit, it will blow up.
Nothing: no effects other than the critical hit.

Side Hits: Side hits deal regular damage. Getting hit on the side has a chance to do one of these effects
Side Hit: Regular Damage. This event occurs if none of the other events occur.
Track Damaged: Reduced movement speed

Front Hits: Attacking a tanks front deals significantly lowered damage. Attacking the front has one of these effects:
Frontal Attack: The Tank takes 1/4 of the regular damage. This is standard if anyone of the other events occur.
Main Gun Destroyed: The Tank loses all attack damage.
Crew Member Killed: The Tank loses minor movement speed and minor attack damage.
Deflect: Tank takes no damage and the projectile is deflected upwards

Top Hit: Only applies when air units attack the tank.
Top Hit:Above normal damage, but less damage than a Rear Hit
Crew Member Killed: Same as above
Armament Destroyed: Tank can no longer attack, tank is silenced (for spells)
Fuel Tank Exploded: Tank is instantly destroyed
Tank Crew Killed: Tank becomes neutral, a circle of power pops up near the tank. once X amount of your own troops come near the circle of power, they go into the tank and the tank is operational

Once an event occurs, display the event name in red letters above the tank.

Ok... thats about it. If you cant do the Tank Damage, thats fine, i can live without it.

All of these effects can be removed if the tank is repaired to 90% of its hp.

The two first can be done ^^

I did not quite get the last one with the side crit etc..

And i need an awnser, vJass or GUI?

Level 17
Wow. Just Wow.
I am very impressed of you two, Paladon and Dynasti.
It was a very good idea from you to found an "organization" which creates spells on request. Everybody with lesser knowledge about triggering spells has now the opportunity to request them.
You two have my respect for that ;) You are sure allowed to ask me for help if you need it as well.
Keep manufactoring high qualitive spells ;)

Level 18
Wow. Just Wow.
I am very impressed of you two, Paladon and Dynasti.
It was a very good idea from you to found an "organization" which creates spells on request. Everybody with lesser knowledge about triggering spells has now the opportunity to request them.
You two have my respect for that ;) You are sure allowed to ask me for help if you need it as well.
Keep manufactoring high qualitive spells ;)

^^ thx

Level 5
Okay, I need something that reflects a part of physical damage received back to the source. I've searched everywhere I can think of, and I couldn't find this kind of trigger. Think you could help?

Level 18
Okay, I need something that reflects a part of physical damage received back to the source. I've searched everywhere I can think of, and I couldn't find this kind of trigger. Think you could help?

Ok ;)

But, if you have read the criteria for spels and systems you need a name.

Is it a spell i need to know a bit more :p

And, do you want it made in GUI or vJass or maybe JASS o_O

Level 18
Well...Sun strike Spell...The user calls beams from the sun to burn his enemies.at lvl 1 120dmg and 3dmg for 3secs,hits 1 enemy at lvl 2 200dmg and 4dmg for 6secs hits 2 enemies and at lvl3 290dmg and 5dmg for 9secs,3 enemies.Thats all,hope you can make it ^^ il +rep you

There is allready one made, try searching spell section for "beam" without the quotes

Level 9
Hi Dynasti and Paladon

Could you make a system in GUI (If its only possible in vJASS than, its okay).^^
I would make a map with a 2D-Gravity System like in this map:
Platform Escape 2.01s - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
I dont know how to make it on own way. Could you do me this favour?
I have also a name for the system. Not perfect: 2D Physik-Engine

The Idea is not original, but to make a map with such a System/Engine is impressive.
Thanks for reading. :wink:

RaidonGod

Level 22
ok, just a quick request, you dont need to do it right now, although it would be appreicated.
Spell:Hijack!
Description: Basically its a Charm, but works only on mechanical units, the caster is removed, and theres a CHANCE to charm, it isnt automatic.
Advanced: Casting range should be very close, under 100. THe casting unit is removed from the game, he is attempting to hijack the vehicle. While he is attempting to hijack it, the vehicle is turned over into neutral passive, since the crew is too busy attempting to kill the hijacker. While this is going on, red floating text should appear over the vehicle, saying:
Hijack Attempt...

After 8 seconds, the fight has resolved and the hijacker either killed the crew or the crew killed the hijacker.
Theres a 20% chance that the unit will succesfully kill the crew and commandeer the vehicle, if that happens, the vehicle is turned over to the owner, but the tank has 30% reduced damage and has taken 15% of its health in damage, and red floating text appears:
Hijack Attempt Succesful!
If the crew kills the hijacker, then the vehicle stays with the original owner, and there is no negative buffs, and red floating text appears:
Hijack Attempt Failed!

Optional: If more hijackers attempt to hijack a vehicle, hijack time and the negative buffs are lowered per hijacker. Chances to hijack also increase per hijacker, with a maximum of 60%. Each hijacker adds a 10% chance to hijack, lowers hijack time by 1 second, and lowers the damage reduction by 5%
Example:
3 Hijackers attempt to hijack a Steam Tank
Since there are 3 Hijackers, there is a 50% chance to hijack.
Hijack time is reduced 5 seconds
If they are succesful, the vehicle takes only 9% of its health in damage,
and has 15% damage reduction.

Level 17
Okay, i have 2 spells which i need some help for.
They are for my Davy Jones hero from my map Divine Eternity
I would prefer ordinary JASS, so that i wouldn't need to use any thirdparty programs, but if it's not possible or just a pain, then you're free to use whatever you want.

Spell Name: - The Flying Dutchman (Ultimate of Davy Jones)
GUI/JASS - Doesn't really matter, but preferably JASS since its efficient.
MUI/MPI: - Preferably MUI, but at least MPI.
Description: - Davy Jones summons his great ship, The Flying Dutchman(Model: A Undead battleship with height around 200. Starts 500 units behind Davy Jones[The Hero] and moves forward).
She will move forward at a slow pace (300 movespeed, up to 1500 units range.), draining the souls from nearby enemy units.(Death Coils fly up from the targets to the ship in a 400 units area every second.)
Also reanimates nearby corpses and recruits them to the ship's crew(Raise dead on all dead and dying units in a 400 units area. I can do the units, just make it compatible with 4 levels.).
When the ship reaches it's destination it will release the souls gathered and give them to Davy Jones, regenerating him.(Shoot Death Coils with a 0.3 second interval, each healing the same amount as drained and sending as many Coils as drained.)

NOTE: The Death Coils shouldn't be based on Death Coil, since i'm not using units with the undead classification. Base it on Acid Bomb or something instead.

4 Levels
Level 1 - 15 damage drained per second, weak crewmen.
Level 2 - 30 damage drained per second, strong crewmen.
Level 3 - 45 damage drained per second, brute crewmen.
Level 4 - 60 damage drained per second, heretic crewmen.

Spell Name: - Borrowed Time(Passive)
GUI/JASS - Doesn't really matter, but preferably JASS since its efficient.
MUI/MPI: - Preferably MUI, but at least MPI.
Description: - Davy Jones is able to sacrifice a crewman of the Flying Dutchman to take his place when facing death.(In other words, he avoids taking the damage that is supposed to kill him. He has a raise dead spell that raises the same unit as in "The flying Dutchman". This spell should only be activated if one of these is summoned, and would kill them if it is activated. Would be great if the passive icon got the cooldown effect too, maybe with Orb of Slow/Lightning?)
Effect: Undead Dissipate

5 Levels
Level 1 - 115 seconds cooldown.
Level 2 - 100 seconds cooldown.
Level 3 - 85 seconds cooldown.
Level 4 - 70 seconds cooldown.
Level 5 - 55 seconds cooldown.

Level 2
Can you make a system for me..
In GUI if possible..
like the one's in DotA.. you know the killing streak.
First Blood, Killing Spree, Dominating and so on..

Uh Tnx really like your spells
banner.jpg

Hi, I have a spell request.
Name: Mass Bloodlust
Triggering: GUI or JASS, whichever works better
Type: Magic
Levels: 1-Ultimate
Description: The caster lets out some kind of crazy battle roar thing, and all friendly units (including caster) within 900 of the caster goes into a blood-driven craze. Increases attack speed by 30%, move speed by 60%, and damage by 20%. All units effected by the craze take 60 damage per second. Buff cannot be dispelled. At intervals, the effects of the buff will begin to dwindle.
Start of Effect
-attack 30%, move 60%, dmg 20%, DPS 60
After 3 seconds: attack 24%, move 48%, damage 16%, DPS 48
After 6 seconds: attack 18%, move 36%, damage 12%, DPS 36
After 9 seconds: attack 12%, move 24%, damage 8%, DPS 24
After 12 seconds: attack 6%, move 12%, damage 4%, DPS 12
After 15 seconds: attack 0%, move 0%, damage 0%, DPS 0
End of Effect

I'll be creating an effect and a buff model for this spell. So at the moment you can probably just use the regular bloodlust buff model, and the Roar model.

-Note: I do not want the units to grow like they do with the normal bloodlust.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
thanks.jpg

Level 18
Hi, I have a spell request.
Name: Mass Bloodlust
Triggering: GUI or JASS, whichever works better
Type: Magic
Levels: 1-Ultimate
Description: The caster lets out some kind of crazy battle roar thing, and all friendly units (including caster) within 900 of the caster goes into a blood-driven craze. Increases attack speed by 30%, move speed by 60%, and damage by 20%. All units effected by the craze take 60 damage per second. Buff cannot be dispelled. At intervals, the effects of the buff will begin to dwindle.
Start of Effect
-attack 30%, move 60%, dmg 20%, DPS 60
After 3 seconds: attack 24%, move 48%, damage 16%, DPS 48
After 6 seconds: attack 18%, move 36%, damage 12%, DPS 36
After 9 seconds: attack 12%, move 24%, damage 8%, DPS 24
After 12 seconds: attack 6%, move 12%, damage 4%, DPS 12
After 15 seconds: attack 0%, move 0%, damage 0%, DPS 0
End of Effect

I'll be creating an effect and a buff model for this spell. So at the moment you can probably just use the regular bloodlust buff model, and the Roar model.

-Note: I do not want the units to grow like they do with the normal bloodlust.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
thanks.jpg

Easy, it can be done super simple ^^

This can be done in about 30 10 min with GUI, because the things you requested are 2 spells toghetter.

Will add because Awseome = Simple

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.