• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell evasion (backtrack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I know I'm not very good with triggers, but wouldn't there be a problem if the spell that the unit is supposed to dodge kills it?

You mean, if the unit has less hp than the damage its takes? No, it will dodge the damage, no matter how much it is, if it doesn't dodge, then it will die.

For example try to hit the Faceless Void from DotA with Lion's ultimate when hes on 200-300 hp. If he backtrack the ultimate, he won't die.

Level 4
I have checked it. Everything is correct. It was like
  • Unit - Set life of triggering unit(i used variable) to current life of trigering unit + damage taken.
The animation of spell goes on but unit still receives damage
Maybe "Current life" is guilty???
Small question: How to make channeling spell not channeled?

Level 4
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit has been atacked
  • Conditions
    • Unit type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Life mage
    • (lLevel of Will to life for (Triggering unit) more than 0
    • (Random integer number between 1 and 5) less than or equal to (Level of Will to life for (Triggering unit)
  • Actions
    • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to (life of (Triggering unit)) + (Damage taken))
IT DOES'NT WORK!!!
Only animation... but unit loses HP.
also i tried it with "Attacked unit"(instead triggering), variables.

Last edited:
Level 15
  • Conditions
    • (Random integer number between 1 and 5) less than or equal to (Level of Will to life for (Triggering unit)

Instead of this,create a new variable of Integer type and set it to a random number between 1 and 5.
Then add a condition like if INTEGERX is 4 then do ....actions

*You will do this in the Action part,with an if/then/else condition.
Example:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Integer_1 = (Random integer number between 1 and 5)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Temp_Integer_1 Equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • bla bla bla bla
        • Else - Actions

Level 9
Yes sure.Open your brain,right click and press "fast start".Then after your brain starts working you should be able to find it :)

With bla bla bla i meant the actions he wants.

I didn't really understand what you mean... Where can I find this "brain" thingy? I don't believe it's regural action, 'cause when I right-click on a regular action it has no option similar to "fast start"... please help me!

No, what I want is the "bla bla bla bla" not "bla bla bla"!

Level 15
I didn't really understand what you mean... Where can I find this "brain" thingy? I don't believe it's regural action, 'cause when I right-click on a regular action it has no option similar to "fast start"... please help me!

No, what I want is the "bla bla bla bla" not "bla bla bla"!

Sorry i cannot do anything about it.Your only option is to get a refund for your head.It is sort of useless.:xxd:

Level 5
  • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + (Damage taken))
works if you place the unit on the map to start with and use the event as a specific unit like so
  • Events
    • Unit - Mountain King 0000 <gen> Takes damage
as in place the unit in editor then remove it with a trigger if its not picked or change owner if it is picked

cos the (damage taken) is a (event response)

Level 19
  • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + (Damage taken))
works if you place the unit on the map to start with and use the event as a specific unit like so
  • Events
as in place the unit in editor then remove it with a trigger if its not picked or change owner if it is picked

cos the (damage taken) is a (event response)

Lawl. The units that has the ability are put automatically into the events of the trigger when they learn the ability. No need to put a specific unit, because you can only select unit that are already put into the map.

Level 5
i mean it like this
  • works
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions

and this doesn't
  • does not work
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.