• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dota, Faceless Void, "Backtrack"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Anyone has any idea how to make an ability that has a chance to reduce damage taken to 0. Spell damage included. I made an ability with a chance to nulify physical damage, but I have no clue how to nulify magic (spell) damage.
I tried to save the unit's life 2 or 3 times per second and when it takes damage - it has a chance to be returned to the saved value of its life, but this way sometimes you can see its life going down and then almost instantly going back to where it was.
I want something, that can't be noticed.
I got the GDD detection on my map. Perhaps someone can tell me how to reduce the damage taken to 0? :p

Level 15
make him invulnerable when the proc and damage is detected ( it detects before damage is taken), wait for 0.01 second ( you can use periodic event or timer for accuracy) then make him vulnerable, he will become invulnerable for literally a flash (back track literally) like it's just beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.