• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Special Effect Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm certainly going to test this, but:
Note: Creating too many at a time can cause short lag spikes. If this occurs, you may want to switch to use invisible dummy units instead.
... which is exactly what I'm doing, so prolly not going to work :/

I wonder what if you just move the platform around, though... can you move platforms around?

I used MissileRecycler and it actually lagged more for some reason. Thay being said, SpecialEffectZ works beautifully if you destroy the effect as you create it. While calling call AddSpecialEffectZ("model string", x, y, z) create lag spikes if you spam it, doing call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffectZ("model string", x, y, z)) doesn't create a single framedrop. It's a life-saver.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
In Warcraft III only using inefficient and hacky dummy units will work. That or custom models which are already offset by some amount.

In StarCraft II one or more SiteOps can be used to displace attachment points as desired. Additionally entire Actors can be displaced in any axis (not if attached to something that refreshes attachment point positions).

Status
Not open for further replies.