• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Special Effect Contest #5 - Poll

Choose the best entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
hive-logo-m-png.335473

special-png.337102
effect-png.337106

contest-png.337105
5-png.337104
thread_poll-png.311518

sfx5-banner-png.337108

highway-to-hell-png.337103

Contestants must dive into the depths of the infernal realms, and return with two effects, tokens to their inner darkness. By demons be driven!

other_rules_and_conditions-png.311513

• Trying to manipulate the poll in any form is not allowed.
    If you're aware of ip-sharing with any voter, for any reason, you should contact the staff.
  • Harassment towards others to influence the result will lead to punishment.
  • A neutral recommendation to take part at the poll isn't problematic, though.
  • Voting for yourself is not allowed, and will lead to a malus by 5%.
  • Participating in the poll does not explicitly safe one from being disqualified.
  • Judges are not allowed to vote.
You are very welcome to make a short statement what you like the most, so contestants get a bit of public feedback!

other_prizes-png.311512

• 1st place: 40 reputation points.
  • 2nd place: 25 reputation points.
  • 3rd place: 10 reputation points.
  • Entry: 5 reputation points.
  • Judge: 5 reputation points.
The three winners will receive an award icon representing the winning entry.

other_entries-png.311509

other_judges-png.311510

other_contest_judging-png.311506

Aesthetics
Are the effects impressive, and made in good measure? How is the attention to detail?/25

Animations
How natural, smooth, and appropriate are the animations? /15

Creativity
How inventive and original are the ideas? How much skill do the effects demonstrate?/20

Integration
How well do the models work in-game? Do they have fitting sounds? Are they excessive to the point of hindering visibility?/15

Theme
How well do the effects fit the theme?/15

/90

• Judgement: 70%
  • Poll: 30%
FinalScore = (30*Reached_Votes/POSSIBLE_VOTES) + (70*Average_Judge_Score/POSSIBLE_SCORE)

other_dates_and_deadline-png.311507

The poll shall begin on 15th February 2020 and conclude on 29th February 2020 GMT.

Contest | Results

Attachments

• SFXC5 Entries.zip
    237.3 KB · Views: 121
Level 29
"You are very welcome to make a short statement what you like the most, so contestants get a bit of public feedback!"

all entries are GREAT!!!

subjetive feedback, dont take it serious.

Jetfang Inferno: spells

Desacrate and Anihilate: I really like the detail of those spells, the star lines, and the other symbol, very awsome.

Mythic spells:

Fountain of souls: very interesting, the beauty of the center fire ray, and the minor fire auras going here and there, like tranquility keeper of the grove spell.
Kingdoms come: 1 word awsome.

Atinous:
Demonic adorment: I really really like the idea and creativity of this spell. very very unique. not a huge big one, but as a small size spell is awsome.
Hell Cursed: interesting black-red spell combo effects. I like the black-red organization design of the spell.

xYours Trulyx spells:
Gatekeepers pact: I like the fire stomp spell with the Draenei face.
Infernal Bulwark: I like the fire shield spell, like ligthining shield.

Voting xYours Trulyx

Last edited:
Level 5
all entries are epic! didn't know which one vote but Desacrate and Annihilate just made my day.

Level 38
I think y’all are sleeping on Antinous’ creations. When have you ever seen an effect/attachment like Demonic Adornment?! Like, wow, that’s unique and they both work wonderfully in Classic and Reforged. Mythic’s are visually appealig but they are definitively in the Reforged style and would stick out dramatically in Classic.

Obviously Mythic's going to win, so I my vote goes to the person who deserves to be a second place, and I voted JetFangInferno. I personally liked Antinous entry too, it's super unique (big plus to that criteria) although the problem is that it's lacking saturation like the rest of the entries. I wish I can vote for two people. Yours_Truly's entry is fine, though both look quite generic (IMO) for me but doesn't mean it's bad. +Reps to all contestants, good luck to all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.