• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sounds for Weapon Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello ^^

I was wondering if there were any simple ways to add weapon sound effects to gun attachments or certain models such as the Konstruct marines.

I know of one way which involves local player script and 3d sounds but it seems rather lengthy to put together just for something so minute. Minute, but still really important that is...

Go to Node Manager. Right-click an empty area and select 'Create Event Object'. A small icon of a camera will appear named 'UNNAMED'. Edit the new node, and make it a Sound type Event Object (there is a small box). You can choose your sound in another box. The sound appears as four letters. Once you've done that, exit it and enter the Sequence Manager. Select your animation, and find the 'From' Interval eg.
The beginning of the Footman's death anim is 21333
Now, copy that number, re-enter the Node Manager, open up your Event Object (which should look like "SNDx****") and right-click on the box titled 'Event Tracks'. Select Create New, and paste in the number. Viola!

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/3d-modeling-tutorials-282/adding-sounds-attachments-30738/

If you do not find any suitable sound, you can select any you will surely will not need and then import one of yours and override the path of sound you have chosen in in model editor (the path of sounds are in sound editor in WE).

So basically choose a sound you will not use in your game, and then import the custom sound into your map.

Change the path of the sound to that of the sound you assigned your model to.

For example, if the "sound-you-will-not-use" that you chose in the model editor had the path of sound/lala/lulu/dumdum.wav, then you would import your custom sound and set the path of it to sound/lala/lulu/dumdum.wav. (Using the import manager)

Level 6
The sound i replace the base sound with is also .wav. I still get silence from the model on the attack animation, but if i take the custom sound out of the imports the model plays the base sound again. If i replace the base sound with my custom sound and try it in the editor, it works just fine. So I guess there's something wrong with the model?

Status
Not open for further replies.