• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some thoughts on World Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I think this is a great idea for a group. There is so much cruel bashing when it comes to people posting comments on some people's maps. Critisism is one thing but rude and harsh language is really uncalled for. I recently was veiwing comments on the map called undead king. Some of the comments are so harsh and cruel like
"I will not put anything but improve this piece of **** please"
another comment says "then dont be fucking lazy"
The worst part about this is this poor kid is 11 years old! I think if we're going to have a group like this we need to try to address some of these problems. What can we do? Maybe we should all where santa hats. Should we be comment moderators? Lets get this group Active! It looks dead. I think it would be good if young kids had some way to let people know they are young kids. But would that make a difference. What can we do?

200269-albums4152-picture39218.jpg

Level 12
We can never change people but we can improve ourselves. Those comments are really bad, but we can't change it. Its bad that they say vulgars, but as long as we don't say it, its already good enough to influence others.
I also noticed somethings, the first quote had a "please" word.
This proves that the person has at least some basic manners.

Level 8
the first quote had a "please" word.
This proves that the person has at least some basic manners.
Are you joking man? Most hard criminals have some basic manners.
Its true we can't do anything about what others write in a thread. But there is two things that you said that we can do
we can improve ourselves
and we can
influence others
Honestly I just don't think there is enough being done about vulgars as you say and what they call flaming. If there was it wouldn't keep going on.

Level 12
Most but not all criminals have basic manners.
Its nearly impossible to influence bad guys.
But its still possible. If all our us don't use vulgars, it will surely affect them, they will feel like they are the odd one out of the population. Thus, influencing them not to use vulgars while speaking.

Level 8
By all of us do you mean the 13 members of the group? lol. You mean all the members of the hive. According to the members list there is some 63,823 members currently. Thats a lot of people to infect, I mean influence, we better get busy :)
Seriously I just hate to see some of these young members of the hive getting ripped about a map they've just posted, true its bad and should be in map development but these comments are really harsh by users and in one case I saw a moderator using vulgars, its just a bad scene.
My thoughts are what can we do as a group to make the hive a more respectable place. It could be something simple. Give it some thought. I'll be here all week :)

Level 2
Wut a great discussion..
Sometimes i'm annoyed with those bad words..
Also it's make a bad view for hiveworkshop..

So i have an idea, why don't we spread out our forums to every hive's user ?
at least, our friend in hive.. They will help us for sure :goblin_good_job:

Level 8
You've got to motivate people to join crab man. You know persuade, con, drag, bribe...like when your tryin to get a date. lol
Oh I'm sorry what group is this again?

Lost dog

3 legged, blind in one eye
missing left ear, been castrated
answers to the name of lucky

Level 8
well like they say, you can make the world a better place if you begin with your self. no need to rush things, just give what you can towards a goal and something will happen. anyway, nothing bad will result form doing good.

we cant bribe or force anybody to love peace though.. something wrong cannot be remedied by another wrong..

Level 8
I was only kidding, gee. (so serious)

-haha:)

Well, what if someone...lets say stole your map! (wrong #1) and you hacked into his computer and stole it back! (wrong #2) hey problem solved

-and i believe that this is another joke:) i had my phone lost last month, someone got it and was hesitant to give it back (he said finders keepers). i got it back by a peaceful talk with him:) now he's my friend:)

Level 11
Sorry Ironman. Hateful comments on the hive don't contribute to any violence or war. It really doesn't. It oesn't get to me, but some people who see map after map with no description or even triggers they get to basic form of "THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE." which is fine in my book.

But no one has yet to make it clear to me why vulgars are bad, expecially on the internet. Do you think that someone says "lol fuck dat shit man" and then the use of the word "fuck" and 'shit" makes him a person who is trying to piss people off. The use of words does not make people bad people. And when you say "Bad or good" you continue to ignore reality.. Your morals of "bad and good" here are completely different to not only someone else in the country, but to places all over the world. Get rid of your morals of what bad and good is if you want to go towrds world piece logicly.

If you want to make peace, you let people do as they want, not make more rules.

Level 8
Hateful comments on the hive don't contribute to any violence or war.
Thats simply not true. Hateful comments sometimes lead to what's called here flaming or flame wars. You say it doesn't get to you, well thats good but if it was directed at you for your work wouldn't that irritate you. It would most people. There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism, in most cases it helps us do better. But no good will ever come from a hateful, rude or vulgar comment.
I agree with the use of words doesn't make a person a bad person. One might say that its a bad choice of words. But that's an opinion.
You mean my opinion of good and bad is different than yours and others all over the world. This is true. We all don't have the same opinions or views. And our morals are why we see things as good or bad.

If you want to make peace, you let people do as they want, not make more rules.
But without rules there's chaos, not peace.

Level 11
But no good will ever come from a hateful, rude or vulgar comment.
Nothing bad comes out of them either. It isn't a poor choice if words, it's just words. Desentizing is always useful.

And our morals are why we see things as good or bad.
Desensitizing morals are good too.

But without rules there's chaos, not peace.
I'd rather be in a free chaotic place then a peaceful restricted place.

Level 12
Evillizard, a chaotic free space?
1) no traffic rules, wut will happen?
2) bank, what will happen to banks?
3) people take your things without permission.
4) people kill you for fun.
5) government corruption, you can't do anything about it.
6) you will have no friends.
7) everyone do drugs.
8) shooting of guns everywhere.

You want that to happen?

Level 8
Nothing bad comes out of them either..
I strongly disagree with this statement if we're talking about hateful or rude comments.
It only breeds anger and sometimes leads to flaming.

It isn't a poor choice if words, it's just words.
That's an opinion, and I respect your opinion. If used in the right context it can be viewed as "just words". Your missing the point. Its not the word itself, its the way you use it.

Desensitizing is always useful.
Desensitizing can be useful but isn't always.

I would agree with you on this if the restrictions in this peaceful place were excessive.
But they're not. We're talking about a few simple rules.

I think that we can both agree on at least one thing Mr. Lizard. That we disagree. And regardless of how silly that statement may sound, it is...a step toward peace. Wouldn't you agree :)

Level 8
well ok then.
Nothing bad comes out of them either. It isn't a poor choice if words, it's just words.
Desensitizing morals are good too.
-try shouting bad words to a police officer or drug addict and tell me if nothing bad happens.. then try shouting comforting words and support to them:)
-words, however plain and simple, are very powerful and influential..
-so you would rather be in a warzone with trigger-happy people, than a civilized society with rules? this is the common problem when talking about people's view towards "rules". you always see the bad side, rather than realizing the true picture. you see, there should'nt have been rules in the first place if people do not do wrong.. there is a "thou shall not kill" commandment simply because people kill when angry. so the main reasons why people are very irritated of these "rules" are because of their irresponsibility and lack of discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.