• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disliking others' comments on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Guys, I'm bored. Are you too? Good, then discuss with me about:
Disliking others' comments on YouTube

It bothers me that sometimes I'm going through some fights on YT, the comment is hidden because of getting too many dislikes. Now I'm sure there's a good reason for that, but people tend to press that thumb down button only because they don't think the same way as the commentator does. I think this is really really wrong. You're disliking for other to have different opinions than you.

Why I think there's a good reason for YT to hide too heavily disliked comments? Because simply one can write anything, literally anything to YouTube comments. It's actually protecting him for going through sanctions, since not that many people can see the comment, and get pissed by that, or capture the comment and use it against him somehow.

Let me bring a real life scenario here.
One could comment on Xbox video:
"xbox sucks. ps 3 ftw"
Now caused by this, since he posted this on an xbox video, he will probably get hate. There's three ways people (against the comment) would react. First says something fanboy-like against him. Second says something constructive against him. Third just ignores his comment.​

(I'm on PC side btw, it's the right one ^^ )
Are you the third person? It's the best way. Why not the second, trying to talk some sense into him? Just watch the fanboy video I linked, it tells you that fanboy can't accept your opinion. I can find a connection between this and anti-theism.

I'm against anti-theism, we should just let people make their decisions and let them follow them.
Your friend goes to college and you don't? Let him go, it's his decision.
You see a woman as a construction worker? Don't diss her for that, it's her decision.
A black man is white woman's husband? Let them be together, it was their decision.

You could ask "what about the bad decisions?" The bad decisions might be cause by sickness, bad environment etc. Or then it was just "miscalculation" by that one.

Edit: Discuss about "what is justice" if you want...

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

That is a good decision, even more if the fanboy video is correct.

Level 22
Yeah no point in arguing if the one you're arguing with doesn't want to listen, instead he wants you to shut up and suck his bullshit.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Isn't there anyway to remove that dislike button ? For example when uploading videos? -_- I would see this option :/ :\

Yes, there is. There's even option to block all the comments off. Thanks for pointing that out :)

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Definitely the same unexceptional 21st century epiphany everyone else have already had. Your entire life philosophy can be summarized in less than four list items and is most likely omnipresent in every social media you can think of. Haven't you just about had enough of it already?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Definitely the same unexceptional 21st century epiphany everyone else have already had. Your entire life philosophy can be summarized in less than four list items and is most likely omnipresent in every social media you can think of. Haven't you just about had enough of it already?

Enough of what? o_O I didn't quite understand what you just said.

Level 36
Uh, I actually don't remember posting that. I guess I got hiveraped.

I suspect a different kind of poison. ;)

Anyway, youtube comments can be marginally, or actually at some points, really entertaining to read,
but that's really where it stops. There's not a single serious debate I've seen on youtube that actually
turns into something good. My advice? Don't go there looking for good reason and great debates.
- Look at them and gaze at the wonder of stupidity.

On the other hand, I guess posts getting "burried" by death of the thumbs down is kind of democratically
good and in most cases I've seen I completely agree to "removing" those comments. There is, however,
an option to view the post even if it is burried, you know.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I suspect a different kind of poison. ;)

Anyway, youtube comments can be marginally, or actually at some points, really entertaining to read,
but that's really where it stops. There's not a single serious debate I've seen on youtube that actually
turns into something good. My advice? Don't go there looking for good reason and great debates.
- Look at them and gaze at the wonder of stupidity.

Serious debates on YT usually turn into calling other person names and reporting one another. Also the age of some persons commenting there is amusing. I remember posting negatively about a guy on a video. I got called gay by a boy that hasn't gone through puberty. Sadly it's become normal on YT...

I use random named channel to comment on youtube, so none could identify me.

Status
Not open for further replies.