• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some feedback <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, love the new interface. Here's a few things I think can be done better:
sshot-2020-12-29-11-32-33.png
1. Give avatars back their transparency :mad:
2. The notifications ontop look a bit out of place. Try to integrate them into the main interface, like they are currently in Hive 2, or give them some sort of border atleast.
3. I don't get why you reversed the resource ordering. I don't want to look at my ugly resources from 2010 every time I open my profile! :D

-SUGGESTION- Let users organize their resources the way they like. That includes a custom ordering of icons, models, maps, etc (a modeler like me would like their models to be ontop for example). Also let us choose if we want to show oldest first or newest first. And lastly, maybe let us hide certain resources, or all that are marked as "substandard", or maybe even show our "restricted" resources, lol.

sshot-2020-12-29-11-35-47.png
The model viewer could use some improvements:
1. The column with animations, cameras and team colors is way too wide for what it need to show. Find the longest animation name and make the column that wide. It would give models more breathing room
2. I think black as a background is not a nice fit, because some models have black particles that would be invisible on this background. Make it a dark gray like the interface.
3. The team colors can take so much less space and be so much prettier if you showed them as colored squares instead of text. Also, a cherry ontop would be to let users mix their own RGB teamcolors.
4. -BUG- The model preview disappears every time the browser window changes size. I tested this only on firefox though. It's not that common, but I got my bookmarks taskbar autohide, and every time I mouse over my URL bar, it shows up, causing the size of the webpage to shrink and the models to disappear.

5. The black area around the page is too empty now that the page itself is narrower. I think you could add some of those "dusty reforged fart clouds" (like the ones you have ontop) that gradient towards the bottom of the page and scroll along with the page.

If I find more stuff to complain about, I'll write them here in a new post :p
I'm loving the redesign so far <3

3. I don't get why you reversed the resource ordering. I don't want to look at my ugly resources from 2010 every time I open my profile! :D

-SUGGESTION- Let users organize their resources the way they like. That includes a custom ordering of icons, models, maps, etc (a modeler like me would like their models to be ontop for example). Also let us choose if we want to show oldest first or newest first. And lastly, maybe let us hide certain resources, or all that are marked as "substandard", or maybe even show our "restricted" resources, lol.
Agree with this, but IIRC hiding substandard resources is already possible (on old hive at least, will have to check if this is retained in the beta).

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I might have just not thought about it. Added to the list for further investivation.

And lastly, maybe let us hide certain resources, or all that are marked as "substandard", or maybe even show our "restricted" resources, lol.
You can already do this today and in both versions of the site :)
upload_2020-12-29_18-57-58.png

Status
Not open for further replies.