• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some doubts from WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello everyone!

I've added some doubts for do not need to create multiple topics.

1 - Is it possible to take the "f1" photo of the hero but keep it as a hero?

01.png
Because I want to make a random name for each unit that appears on my map, and the hero already has that option, since it is not possible to change the name of the units.

2 - It is possible to take this part that shows the resources spent, without having to put the costs in 0?
(I just wish it did not show up there.)
02.png

3 - Is it possible to take the "Time of day" from your place of origin and put it somewhere else?
i.e.: I wanted to put it next to the multiboard title that will be on my map.
03.png
[EDIT]
-------
I remembered another
4 - I know how to put items to appear, like in the hand, a bow or sword, a helm on the head. But how to put it on the back?
-------
Leveraging the topic:

Is it possible to make a trigger to manipulate units as from "Text - proper names"?
To better understand the example below, we get this note:
I have:
Hero Adult: Male/Female
Hero Child: Male/Female
Heros Adult Male, has the same proper names as Heros Child Male
Heros Adult Female, has the same proper names as Heros Child Female

Exemple:
A Child Hero was born named "Alfonso" (as from Text - Proper Names),
When she grows up and becomes an adult, "hero chield" is removed and generates the "adult hero", but using the same "Text - Proper Names" = Alfonso, then would have the child grow up and acquire adult with the same name.
I hope this example is easy to understand.

I've been thinking of the following, maybe saving all the names in variables using the
"Hashtable" for each name. Once a child was born, it would save its name, when it became an adult, the same proper name is used instead of randomizing another.

Would it be possible to create such a system, or would it have to create a new hero for an appropriate new name? (I would like a system like this to be possible because initially there are 40 male names and 20 female names and depending on how the game will be, I plan to add more names. And creating a new hero for each name would be unfeasible).
-------
Hello bro, i here again.
Now, i have a problem with BLP in Heros/units.
1 - Whenever I put the BLPs in HEROES or UNITS, the image stays as it comes, all cutted.
Error BLP.png

In items i use: "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\" and "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\"
But this does not work for heroes.

2 - And is it possible to increase the FoV(Far Clipping (FarZ)) of the World Editor? Or maybe take it out so that it does not show up anymore.?

Thx Advanced!

Hello,
I've been playing with trigger and I've had some doubts.
1- The limit of this, is by lines? (I think 31), or by lyric?
  • Quest - Create a Required quest titled 'title' with the description 'description', using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNSpellBookBLS.blp
2- Which languages does World Editor support? Jass, vJass and what more?
3- How to make minimap change only to region that "Camera - Set the camera bounds ..." is selected?
4- What does the "actived gem", "disabled gem" in the world editor?(This doubt I already have a few years. But I never remembered to ask.)
GEM ACTIVE-DESACTIVE.png
5- Why do use this and how to use it?
  • Game Cache - Create a game cache from MapName.w3v
Thanks advanced! ( :
-------
Well, I think it's just these now.
thanks in advance. :)

OFF: I learned to put the images there :piru:

Last edited:
Level 22
  1. If you want to hide the interface icon but keep it as a hero, that's possible. Just tick the "Stats - Hero - Hide Hero Interface Icon" in Object Editor.
  2. As far as I know, it is hardcoded so you can't remove it unless you input 0 for both gold and lumber cost.
  3. No, you can't place it somewhere else but you can just create a time of day in the multiboard with the same exact time as the original time of day.
  4. It depends on the units, whether or not they have the "back" attachment point.

Level 4
If you want to hide the interface icon but keep it as a hero, that's possible. Just tick the "Stats - Hero - Hide Hero Interface Icon" in Object Editor.
LoL, Like I've never noticed that. Haha.
As far as I know, it is hardcoded so you can't remove it unless you input 0 for both gold and lumber cost.
Shit... :/ Then I would have to do the triggering cost just to not show up there. Well, there's no problem staying there.
No, you can't place it somewhere else but you can just create a time of day in the multiboard with the same exact time as the original time of day.
Oh, that's complicated, I do not know how to do that. But that's okay, maybe more ahead.
It depends on the units, whether or not they have the "back" attachment point.
Ok, I'll try.

@Rheiko Many thanks for all the answers!

Sexist

Lol. Anyway, I think if you have the units morph into the next unit they should retain their proper names. I hope this is the case at least for my own project, but someone may want to confirm.
Seems to be the case with Demon Hunter Metamorphosis as well. Should do the job.

Level 4
HHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I refuse to answer you! I just have to laugh! PEACE!

I think if you have the units morph into the next unit they should retain their proper names. I hope this is the case at least for my own project, but someone may want to confirm.
Anyway, thank you!
Seems to be the case with Demon Hunter Metamorphosis as well. Should do the job.
And thank your confirm!

Level 11
I always thought it telling that the night elves (who had the basic premise of almost all of their army being women) had 2/3 heroes in RoC be men. Things were slightly improved in TFT with the Warden and Dark Ranger, but still, the vast majority of heroes and story characters were men.

Ahh, early 2000s. Things are better now. Not perfect, but better.

[/tangent]

Status
Not open for further replies.