• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

edit map dota 6.88x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone !

I am completely new to World Editor of WarCraft, however I have extensive experience in programming so I understand the logic of software development.

I have these doubts:

1- I would like to know if it is possible to edit the DotA maps as the last one that came out dotA All Stars 6.88x2.w3x.

2 - It is possible to create more detailed statistics for the map gives allstars 6.88x2 as for example to count the times when the Pudge makes a successful Hook against an enemy and display them at the end of the game. ?

3- Following with my second doubt, is it possible to send this statistic to an external database that I can implement for example postgress, mysql, sql server, etc?

I would like you to help me with these doubts, since I am thinking about starting a project, I am aware that it will take me a long time.

Thank you

Level 39
1. No, such a high-profile map is undoubtedly rendered un-editable through strong map protection. This is essentially removing parts of the .w3x file that the editor needs to be able to open the map, but doesn't affect its ability to be played by the game engine.

2. and 3. are feasible in any wc3 map (for example Legion TD keeps track of w/l and ELO externally) but without the ability to modify the map (see 1.) you won't be able to implement this.

Level 2
I understand, then I can not edit the map of dotA AllStars, what I would have to do is create from 0 something similar to DotA? Is it my only option?

My intention is to make the dotA contain more information about each player in order to have a history in a database.
1. No, such a high-profile map is undoubtedly rendered un-editable through strong map protection. This is essentially removing parts of the .w3x file that the editor needs to be able to open the map, but doesn't affect its ability to be played by the game engine.

2. and 3. are feasible in any wc3 map (for example Legion TD keeps track of w/l and ELO externally) but without the ability to modify the map (see 1.) you won't be able to implement this.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1- I would like to know if it is possible to edit the DotA maps as the last one that came out dotA All Stars 6.88x2.w3x.
One can edit the map file components directly. However do not expect to be able to use WorldEdit to edit the map as chances are the required components were deleted.

If you should be editing such a map is another question.
3- Following with my second doubt, is it possible to send this statistic to an external database that I can implement for example postgress, mysql, sql server, etc?
With robots it is possible for games played on the robot. However robots are being phased out next patch. In the future Blizzard might provide an official API to do this, but until then it can be considered directly impossible.

Nothing stops one from analysing replays with a third party app and using that to submit data. Like how HotSlog works for Heroes of the Storm.

Level 4
Would it really hurt to unprotect a map after all these years? I myself would love to see it all in the editor, and I have no nefarious plans to release things without "proper credit" . . . the OP and I can't be the only ones who would love to see the heroes. TBH I would love to add a few of the heroes to plain melee maps for classic play. Is it wrong to want to import something so as to enjoy gameplay, or is it really necessary to reinvent the wheel? I say this total respect, so give it a moment of thought friends.

Last edited:
Level 2
Why would you rip something that already works just well?

DracoL1ch, the dotA 1 AllStars works perfect! That nobody denies, however what I try to do is get the history of each player something similar to Dota 2 but obviously much better. Based on this history or statistics, which will export it to a database, I will show it in a new client (Something similar to the RGC) so that each player judges the other players for their statistics.

To do all this obviously I need to first do something like:

1- Create a variable of victories for each hero for each player (This way you can see which is the best hero of each player)

This is an idea of the many that I have, which I have embodied in a prototype.

What is the purpose of all this? Improve the gaming environment of the DotA 1 AllStars.

I hope help.

Level 9
Would it really hurt to unprotect a map after all these years? I myself would love to see it all in the editor, and I have no nefarious plans to release things without "proper credit" . . . the OP and I can't be the only ones who would love to see the heroes. TBH I would love to add a few of the heroes to plain melee maps for classic play. Is it wrong to want to import something so as to enjoy gameplay, or is it really necessary to reinvent the wheel? I say this total respect, so give it a moment of thought friends.

It's all up to the author and you should ask him. Nobody can force him to put his work out there to be torn apart.

Level 2
I have no intention of destroying it, my only intention is to improve it! I as a DotA 1 player know what the problems are currently experienced by players, especially in Latin America (I am from Peru)

It's all up to the author and you should ask him. Nobody can force him to put his work out there to be torn apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.