• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Game Cache's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Im confused on how they work in general, i know what they do.

When I create a game cache, what should i put in place of MapName.w3v?

If I save a hero, will it save everything about it? Skills, items, exp?

How do i start the load on the next map? It want either a variable, or last created cache.

How do i reload the game after?

Level 7
If I even understand if correctly GameCache can only be used cross-game for instances like Campaigns, not for multiplayer. I honestly don't know how to do it though, i've rarely used GameCache. What I do know is that is primarily, and possibly only used to store values for later use in a single game session. If you store a unit it will likely store everything about that unit, for a hero that includes attributes and the like (it's easily tested).

Get a second opinion though, I don't trust my knowledge on this enough.

Level 6
Gamecaches can be used in multiplayer as well, but they will loose their ability to be saved for later on.
When saving heros, you can save experience and attribute points but not any other handle that is affilated with that hero. Any item he carries has to be stored manually into your gamecache.
The "Mapname.w3v" can be called in any way you like it. Mine was called "gc.w3v".
When jumping to another map you will first of all have to "set the next level to" the specified map. Afterwards you store the needed values into your cache, use "save game cache" and go to the next map (now comes the point I'm not completely sure about:) ending the game instantly without showing scores. In a campaign this _should_ make you switch directly to the next map. This does not work in multiplayer as well.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.