• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Social Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Well, if you actually reveal the "facts", then say "Problem Solved", I can see what you mean.

I did. lol XD

Remember? I said "It can be private if made private. Simply get it approved. Problem solved. It can be public for fun. I see no problem there. But, it can also be spammy. Then someone can report it and then Ralle can delete it."

Level 24
We should first and foremost allow our community director to clean up any spammy and non-contribution groups. After that, perhaps we should get some kind of Social Group Moderator that that would approve/disapprove groups, take care of situations where a group has been reported for spam or so and also in certain cases even delete groups if he/she deems it necesarry.

Level 13
Then we've missed completely the point. Social groups require their own moderator, not an already existing one to take in more workload, specially the CD, that should have more than enough with his obligations.

Level 35
This discussion is getting wierder by the minute. Hakeem is just removing unneeded group, or have already done so.

A mention of moderators for the remaining groups have been made, and well just have to wait and see... Maybe it could figure under the moderators which relates best to the subject of the group, like for instance a model moderator to the groups involving models?

Level 31
Again, we could simply set up a "antinecrogrouping" system. After 1 month of less than 5 joining members, and less than 5 posts, an automated deletion can work. If you really didn't want it deleted/rejected, simply go to "admin contact". Moderators are not needed.

I honestly do not understand why this thread is still up.

Level 15
We, as group leaders, can enforce the rules. Then you just need to get someone (like Hakeem) to scan through the social groups like once a month to make sure that the group leaders are doing their job. We dont need moderators.

Level 24
You are right, we definately don't need moderators, we need a moderator. Or well, we don't need one, but on the other hand, we don't need resource moderator's either, but they're there to make sure that the resources are working, virus free etc. The job of the social group moderator would be the same as the job of a resource moderator, kinda. They'd make sure that the social group isn't spammy, breaks the rules by linking to illegal files and such things, it could also be their job to approve/disapprove groups, for example, we don't need a duck group, but a group for a project could be approved.

Level 31
You are right, we definately don't need moderators, we need a moderator. Or well, we don't need one, but on the other hand, we don't need resource moderator's either, but they're there to make sure that the resources are working, virus free etc. The job of the social group moderator would be the same as the job of a resource moderator, kinda. They'd make sure that the social group isn't spammy, breaks the rules by linking to illegal files and such things, it could also be their job to approve/disapprove groups, for example, we don't need a duck group, but a group for a project could be approved.

Or, shall I say again for the 10th time, you may simply use an automated system. If your group got deleted by the system, simply go to an admin pleading your case.

Why the freaking heck are we still considering group moderators. Frankly, that's retarded. Humans can only worsen the situation. Just make a freaking system.

This thread annoys me.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
I think I can sum up my argument in a few words:

It's a fucking website, get over yourselves.

Active/inactive groups? Don't you have a better way to spend your time other than arguing over how something can be moderated? This isn't your career, you know.

Level 35
I think I can sum up my argument in a few words:

It's a fucking website, get over yourselves.
QUOTE]

We still use it for a reason: Being it is a great site, therefor it is rather natural for us to want it to be as perfect as possible = Site discussions are important, although this particular one have lasted for to long.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Sorry Ash, but the 'time' excuse?
What makes you think an administrator is willing to spend 24/7 on a hobby when he/she has as much a life as you have?
Completely different, admins are spending their time on a hobby. Something they have a definite impact on.

You're spending it on being a faggot and arguing whether social groups should be moderated or not. Why do you care? It's a fucking social group, let them be social.
Baron said:
We still use it for a reason: Being it is a great site, therefor [sic] it is rather natural for us to want it to be as perfect as possible = Site discussions are important, although this particular one have lasted for to long.
It's not a great site, but it certainly was. Go back to the 'old' days, if you will; let things flow as they are, and please -- for both, the sites sake and your own -- stop being dickheads and having rather pointless droning conversations like this one. It's sorted, let it die and stop kicking the dead horse.
Yet you post in this thread. Some of us have no lives, some of us just care.
I'm posting in this thread because you need some troll awesome person to put you in your place. All of 'you' -- when did this social divide come into place? -- have no lives, otherwise you would have realised by now that the 'issue' (not that there was ever one to begin with) was rectified several pages ago, and you're just being a faggot by arguing who should moderate groups that, to be fair, will not have any impact on anything beyond the members of said groups.

TL;DR get a life, let social groups be social and shut the fuck up.

PS yes, you can call me slightly extreme with the way I'm posting, however if this gets deleted/negrepped then you've just proven my point. If I didn't think the site was half decent, I'd leave. I mean, I don't want to sound terribly big headed or anything, but I really don't care if I get banned or not; I see this site as a decent way of contacting friends, but I'm not going to go an hero if I get banned.

I just feel like someone needs to point out how much time you're actually wasting by being a sack of complete and utter tits.

Level 31
Completely different, admins are spending their time on a hobby. Something they have a definite impact on.

You're spending it on being a faggot and arguing whether social groups should be moderated or not. Why do you care? It's a fucking social group, let them be social.

It's not a great site, but it certainly was. Go back to the 'old' days, if you will; let things flow as they are, and please -- for both, the sites sake and your own -- stop being dickheads and having rather pointless droning conversations like this one. It's sorted, let it die and stop kicking the dead horse.

I'm posting in this thread because you need some troll awesome person to put you in your place. All of 'you' -- when did this social divide come into place? -- have no lives, otherwise you would have realised by now that the 'issue' (not that there was ever one to begin with) was rectified several pages ago, and you're just being a faggot by arguing who should moderate groups that, to be fair, will not have any impact on anything beyond the members of said groups.

TL;DR get a life, let social groups be social and shut the fuck up.

PS yes, you can call me slightly extreme with the way I'm posting, however if this gets deleted/negrepped then you've just proven my point. If I didn't think the site was half decent, I'd leave. I mean, I don't want to sound terribly big headed or anything, but I really don't care if I get banned or not; I see this site as a decent way of contacting friends, but I'm not going to go an hero if I get banned.

I just feel like someone needs to point out how much time you're actually wasting by being a sack of complete and utter tits.

Actually, I am arguing against doing anything about it. I'd rather leave it to a computer. Please read my comments. Your post is childish. No offense.

Do not make random assumptions about me. I'd rather leave them be and simply give the work to a computer. Not a moderator. Pull your act together. I understand you want to sound bad ass and all, but I really could care less. 90% of your comment had nothing to do with the problem. It was just a trolling rant. If you don't like the way we are debating this, leave. Just leave instead of making us all look like little nerds with nothing better to do. I have tried to get this closed many times. Your not the first.

EDIT: And further more, we enjoy this. So it isn't a waste of time. You obviously do not. So leave the thread.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Actually, I am arguing against doing anything about it. I'd rather leave it to a computer. Please read my comments. Your post is childish. No offense.

Do not make random assumptions about me. I'd rather leave them be and simply give the work to a computer. Not a moderator. Pull your act together. I understand you want to sound bad ass and all, but I really could [sic] care less. 90% of your comment had nothing to do with the problem. It was just a trolling rant. If you don't like the way we are debating this, leave. Just leave instead of making us all look like little nerds with nothing better to do. I have tried to get this closed many times. Your [sic] not the first.

EDIT: And further more, we enjoy this. So it isn't a waste of time. You obviously do not. So leave the thread.

The fact you're arguing at all just points out how stupid you are. If you've tried to get it closed 'many of times', then simply stop replying. You know fine well -- from being 'experienced' here -- that nothing will come from it, as I've said; the 'crucial' decisions have already been made pages and pages ago.

I don't believe, as well, I'm making any rash, nor random, assumptions about you. I've simply found out that you're, more or less, an idiot that has done a perfect job of making himself look 'like [a] little nerd' with nothing better to do before I'd even said anything. I'm just the only one who has, really, had the balls to bring it up.

I'm not attempting to make myself sound badass at all, really, in fact, it's completely the opposite. If you will, consider me the 'Dr Cox' of the hive. I really do care, I just think that if you're being a cock, wasting time and making yourself look like a fool, someone should tell you.

Level 31
The fact you're arguing at all just points out how stupid you are. If you've tried to get it closed 'many of times', then simply stop replying. You know fine well -- from being 'experienced' here -- that nothing will come from it, as I've said; the 'crucial' decisions have already been made pages and pages ago.

I don't believe, as well, I'm making any rash, nor random, assumptions about you. I've simply found out that you're, more or less, an idiot that has done a perfect job of making himself look 'like [a] little nerd' with nothing better to do before I'd even said anything. I'm just the only one who has, really, had the balls to bring it up.

I'm not attempting to make myself sound badass at all, really, in fact, it's completely the opposite. If you will, consider me the 'Dr Cox' of the hive. I really do care, I just think that if you're being a cock, wasting time and making yourself look like a fool, someone should tell you.

Again, not solving anything, just giving random opinions about garbage that I really don't care about. I don't know, I don't care, from what I am reading, your just another guy who likes to 'look bad ass'. Calling me random names for no real reason isn't getting you anywhere. Or is it? I don't care. I'm not going to troll or flame you, because I respect the site. You obviously don't. But wait! I don't care. lol

You've managed to spam, troll, and flame, all in one post! Congrats! I could care less about what you think I am. Geese people like you make me sick. It's no wonder that you were a mod once, and now your not. But wait! Again, I don give a crap about you. No offense.

What I do care about is the maintaining of this site. Wether or not I have a life, or if I just care deeply, does not matter. Obviously it does to you though. Now leave me alone. Your a spamming flaming troll who should never have joined this site.

"Had the balls to do it"? haha lol As if I am some important person that people are afraid of. I get random crap from people like you all the time.

No offense, but your behavior is why I spit on people like you.

Level 15
This seems to have been discussed amply, and the discussion is now devolving. Thanks to everyone for comments and input.

Level 27
I appreciate that you are all trying to help, but really, I'm not even sure how things are going to go. Is it too much to moderate? I don't know. Do we need a dedicated moderator? I don't know. What will the rules be? I don't know. When all the valid groups are left, could they just be turned into threads? I don't know.

We'll see how things turn out. We can debate all we want, but it's the result of the experiment that will determine what happens.

Please allow me to go through the social groups before you overload us with suggestions. When the time comes, I will make a thread for feedback.

Please be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.