• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upgrade to vB 3.7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
As many of you may have noticed, there are several new features around the forums. This is due to a software upgrade that recently came out from vBulletin upgrading the forum software from 3.6.10 to 3.7.0. Unlike the upgrade from 3.6.9 to 3.6.10, this upgrade comes with some new features.
These include:

* Thread tagging
* Search cloud / tag cloud
* Thread prefixes
* Reciprocal friendships between users
* Public visitor messaging on profile pages with 'conversation' feature
* User picture galleries with user comment facility
* User-created social groups with invite only and moderated membership options
* Extended member profile pages
* Customizable member profile pages with admin-controlled styling abilities
* Inline editing of custom user profile fields
* Lightbox viewer for attached images
* Notices system for navigation bar
* Multiple human-verification systems including reCAPTCHA, image verification and Q/A
* Social bookmarking integration

Thread Tagging - A new way to facilitate searching and grouping of threads, it is now possible for users to add tags to threads they post or read.

Thread Prefixes - Long requested by users, threads can now have administrator-defined prefixes to their titles.

Reciprocal Friendships Between Users - As part of our new social networking system, users can now request that people on their buddy list confirm their friendship, after which time a person's list of confirmed friends will be viewable to other users.

Public Messaging - While private messages between users have been in vBulletin since version 2.0, vBulletin 3.7 introduces the public messaging system, allowing users to communicate publicly via their profile pages.

User Picture Galleries - vBulletin users can now create albums and upload pictures to their account.

User-Created Social Groups - To further social cohesion between users and to encourage people to make friends, vBulletin now includes a facility to allow users to create their own social/interest groups.

New Member Profile Page - In order to accomodate all the new features in vBulletin 3.7, the member profile page has been completely redesigned from the ground up.
The new page presents information in a far cleaner and more logical manner, while dividing up information into manageable chunks using a tabbed interface.
Individual profile field categories can be displayed alone in blocks in the right column, in addition to appearing by default in the 'About Me' tab.

Member Customization of Profile Page - The administrator may choose to allow his members to use the profile page customization tool, which allows users to alter fonts, colors, background and borders etc. of their profile page in order to create a more personalized look.

Inline Editing of Profile Field Values - The 'About Me' tab of each member's profile page has edit controls, allowing them to quickly change values without leaving their profile page.

Attachment Viewing Lightbox - Clicking on an attached image will now open a lightbox rather than open a new window, with the image scaled to fit the browser viewport. A click on the image in the lightbox will open it in a new window as before.

Navbar Notices - Administrators can now set up custom notifications that will appear underneath the navbar when visiting users fulfil specified criteria. For example, one may want to set up a notice to display when a user is a member of a particular usergroup, or to show a congratulatory message when a user has posted their 1,000th post etc.

New Human Verification Systems - In addition to the image verification system available in previous versions of vBulletin, 3.7 introduces the means for the administrator to choose the verification system employed on their board.

Social Bookmarking of Threads - Administrators can now define a list of their favorite social bookmarking sites and have them available for use on the showthread page for bookmarking threads.

These are most of the major changes to vBulletin with this release.
Here's an exhaustive list of some other changes not mentioned:

* Visitor tracking on profile pages
* Automatic resizing of attached images to match filesize or pixel dimensions
* Custom icons per forum (This isn't that new to us, is it?)
* Advertisement locations defined in templates

So, enjoy the new software, and welcome to vBulletin 3.7!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 27
A word of advice for tags, make the tags something that would actually be searched for. Who's going to just search for "medical miracle"? Someone might search for "medicine" or "miracle" (probably less so the latter) though.

Level 15
Yeah the bugs are really bad every 5 posts a white screen comes up and tells you its problems, its like having a emo girl friend.
Hopefully that is fixed now.

Although it does seem like a lot of new things to take in all at once.

Level 22
Well, the issues with the new update are being solved in leaps and bounds.
Things are slowing returning to normal.

If you encounter any new problems, feel free to let the staff know about them so they can be addressed.
Thanks! :thumbs_up:

Level 45
What bug?
I haven't felt anything yet. If you find a bug. Don't just sit and whine like an emo girl. Report it
If that post was also directed to me, let me reply. I did tell you of the bugs/faults. You never even friggin replied to me, more like ignored me. And if you are calling me an emo, i suggest you watch your mouth becuase I dont like being insulted like that.

Level 36
If that post was also directed to me, let me reply. I did tell you of the bugs/faults. You never even friggin replied to me, more like ignored me. And if you are calling me an emo, i suggest you watch your mouth becuase I dont like being insulted like that.

I suggest you watch your mouth with the Webmaster, or you could be out of a position.

Level 36
To that little debate up there, I don't think you should stay quiet just because Ralle is the webmaster. This is no dictatorship, if Werewulf felt insulted, she did the right thing.

Can't believe the new Maps Section is up:grin::cry::grin:
:thumbs_up:

Actually this is a dictatorship. Ralle's word is law over all else, and he has total control, hence, dictatorship. Now, this isn't totalitarian, we have freedom of speech, you can make suggestions, etc, but badmouthing the webmaster is not a wise choice. It's one thing to make suggestions, but being so ignorant and rude is not an option.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Hmm, that's funny. I belive I told you to stay on-topic just a few posts ago.

diabloiconmb9.gif
Getting hungry...

Status
Not open for further replies.