• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

vBulletin 4.0 Pre-purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
vBulletin is not free, but since THW already has a licence, it is eligible of the free upgrade.

Level 16
Seas =)

Hive don't need this update...

What the effect? - hive is good - hive is fast - everyone loves hive. Hive got the best smilies - hive is always up-to-date - hive has everything for everything and everyone - everyone knows hive - and I have my Peon Power! Icon - so Hive is 100% perfect! =)

========
For real - I hope hive only offline for 3 - 4 hours - I can't life without hive :cry:

Level 11
Nooooooooooo! No way! I luv dis theme! But, if we can keep this theme in 4.0, then I don't really care :)

Level 31
New theme....lol.....

Anyway, how long of a downtime are we talkin' here? Only a week or so, yes? Because, a 6 month downtime is hardly worth a few updates.

Call me a conservative man (which I am), but there have been so many crappy changes lately! D: Especially, the new communist icon system. Now I can't tell if someone is just a chat mod, or an admin. I have to actually click on their profile. O:

Anyway, as long as the Hive will be back in time for my new medieval model pack to get finished. On that note, if we do end up getting a new update, a good new pack system would be very helpful. Otherwise, when people like me want to upload a 20 model pack, we have to upload one after the other and wait for the lazy mods to approve them. And when they do, each mod tends to have a massive differential in the way they moderate, therefore one mod may say "MY CRAPPY COMPUTER CAN'T HANDLE IT!" while another says "MOAR POLIES PLX!"

A nice clean new pack system would be very helpful. Just make the minimum model count 10 or so. Then, only allow it to some modelers. That way, it won't get spammed up with a bunch of crap that is well...crap.

Now, after pumping out so many juicy ideas, I shall retire to the comfortable confines of my lush and warm bed.

New theme....lol.....

Anyway, how long of a downtime are we talkin' here? Only a week or so, yes? Because, a 6 month downtime is hardly worth a few updates.

Call me a conservative man (which I am), but there have been so many crappy changes lately! D: Especially, the new communist icon system. Now I can't tell if someone is just a chat mod, or an admin. I have to actually click on their profile. O:

Anyway, as long as the Hive will be back in time for my new medieval model pack to get finished. On that note, if we do end up getting a new update, a good new pack system would be very helpful. Otherwise, when people like me want to upload a 20 model pack, we have to upload one after the other and wait for the lazy mods to approve them. And when they do, each mod tends to have a massive differential in the way they moderate, therefore one mod may say "MY CRAPPY COMPUTER CAN'T HANDLE IT!" while another says "MOAR POLIES PLX!"

A nice clean new pack system would be very helpful. Just make the minimum model count 10 or so. Then, only allow it to some modelers. That way, it won't get spammed up with a bunch of crap that is well...crap.

Now, after pumping out so many juicy ideas, I shall retire to the comfortable confines of my lush and warm bed.
Lol you've got alot of dreamsXD

Level 3
Oh, this looks like so much fun. Not only are all the products Not gonna work, but we (Ralle) have to rewrite all the portals.
I'll spare my thought about the actual forum software itself, because I think Jelsoft is trying to put themselves out of business with it...

Level 4
They're doing it wrong if they have a day of downtime. They most likely will make all the changes on a local server then upload the new files and db changes.

The downtime shouldn't be more than an hour, though it really depends on upload speed and size of uploaded files.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Our license lasts till July so I bought the 'deluxe' owned license upgrade.

And my plan is to make it a seamless upgrade. I will set everything up on a different server and start porting things and make sure everything works.
They're doing it wrong if they have a day of downtime. They most likely will make all the changes on a local server then upload the new files and db changes.

The downtime shouldn't be more than an hour, though it really depends on upload speed and size of uploaded files.

That is my plan

Status
Not open for further replies.