• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Slow Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Hello, I bought a new PC sometime ago, it's much better than my old, yet the world editor runs a lot of tasks slower than on the old (mostly opening dialogs). Warcraft 3 itself and other games clearly run much faster, which is why I don't understand why/how the editor is slower. Some features in the editor are also faster as they should be, like saving and loading.

Level 5
mostly opening dialogs

I assume you switched from windows xp to a newer version of windows. The new design-theme that got introduced in vista kind of screws with the controls (for reasons unknown to me, maybe somebody can explain that further). You can disable the new fancy visual stuff for worldedit.exe (right-click, compatibility tab, something along the lines of "disable visual style" or something) to get rid of it, that should fix most of the dialog lag issues, though it will make stuff look really ugly in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.