• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Skin problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello,i have problems with this skin : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/abomination-blp-137806/

It is approved,and as i see from the comments nobody have problems with it,but i do i imported it,writed the path and re opened the editor few times and it always says in the import editor category : other, and it doesn't work ,any ideas how to fix it ? And does the skin work for you?

Level 14
Try this path:

Textures/Abomination.blp

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/warcraft-iii-viewer-62878/ ftw
(Warcraft III viewer can be used to find the correct path for any default models/textures in warcraft III)
For models and textures that exist in Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos open war3.mpq
For models and textures that doesn't exist in Reign of Chaos but in The Frozen Throne open war3x.mpq

It can not find the path for custom models though, since the path to the texture is defined in the model file.
Therefore you'll need a tool like http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/war3-model-editor-62876/ in order to see the path for the texture inside the model file.

This way you can check wether your texture path is correct for your custom model or for replacing a texture of a default warcraft III model.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Level 14
You must be doing something wrong.

texturepath.png

Could you give me a screenshot of your import manager?

EDIT: my mistake, use Textures\Abomination.blp
I forgot it was a back slash instead of forward slash.

By the way did you know that it is incredibly easy to create your own textures?

customtexture.png

Just export it as TGA, JPG or BMP, open it up in any image editing program, change it the way you like, save it as JPG BMP or TGA.
Then open it up in Warcraft 3 viewer and convert it to BLP. Import your texture in the import manager on the correct path and done ^.^

Level 14
You'll need to learn a bit more about image editing, which is quite simple once you get the hang of it.
Try to get photoshop and read some tutorials to boost your knowledge.
Personally I have quite some experience with photoshop so if you're having trouble with creating or altering anything, ask me and I'll be happy to learn you how to do it correctly.

There are some usefull image adjustments in photoshop which you can use to completely change the color of the image you're editing.
This way changing the color of the skin is simple.
If you want to go more advanced you can draw anything on top of the image by using brushes, selections, layers, filters, blending options etc.

PM me if you want to discuss this matter thoroughly.

EDIT: wait what did just happen :S?
I created a post above yours while I was abled to read your post before posting 0.o???

Also: Don't worry about the rep thing, I'm happy that your problem is solved now ;)

Level 7
Lol i swear i used exactly the same patch with \ before and didn't work but now it worked,really strange,thanks hashjie,cant give you rep yet :S,and how exactly u edit it in the image editing program? just recolor it or ? i really have no clue how it's created and also i'm not good in image editing programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.