• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Import] Problem with Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi my name is Phex

a few days ago i decided to use skins, i informed myself how they work and discoverd soon this page.
I download the skins - i unzip them - i import them in my map - i change the path - i save the map - i close the world editor - i open the world editor - i load the map and then it should be work...

But it seems that some skins are thinking they are to nice that i may use them...

First this two skins doenst work:
Forest Seeker
Tigerosh

Then i reinstalled Warcraft 3 since this time "Tigerosh" work..i thought that now all skins work but then my world editor thought that it would be better that i dont be happy and the "Forest Seeker" Skin still dont want work...

I use the operating system "Windows XP" and i have a german version of Warcraft III The Frozen Throne with the latest Patch that i got in the battle net....

I still cant find out why the skins that i want have dont want work...
I dont make anything wrong and its only some skins (of course the skins that i like at most) that dont want work

I would be very thankful for every hint or idea that maybe can solve the problem..

and sry for my bad english

Regards
Phex

Level 1
Thanks for answer

Thanks for the answer but this i already tried...if i use a normal slash " \ " instead of " / " then my world editor (after saving and restart) to me if i place the herowarden that it wasnt possible to load the file bla\bla\bla\herowarden.mdl and he place a green black box in the map and if i save the map and test it then in the map i get a invisible hero...

I already tried to use other paths i tried much but i dont get a solution....
Forest Seeker why you run away from me T.T

Level 1
Should

That this path should work i believe you...but exactly this is my problem: It should work but it dont work and i dont know why...and i can try it how often i want that dont solve the problem...

If you want i can screenshot it for you as proof that it dont work...
But honestly...Do you think i lie to you instead of be happy with forest seeker skin? oO

Status
Not open for further replies.