• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Skillshot fire spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everybody, i need help with a skill shot fire spell.

The spell is a missile that travels in a straight line and when it hits an enemy it takes X damage and sets it on fire.

The problem: how do i burn the enemy? Because i tried to use dummies and the spell shadow strike but there were a few enemies that did not burn or the dummy's start to bug.

Level 17
did you configure your dummy right? cast point and turn rate should be at zero. maybe you didn't remove manacost from your dummy spell? maybe some targets are not valid for your dummy spell? maybe your targets were out of range or in fog of war for your dummy unit? best would be to post your map here so we can check it

Level 2
did you configure your dummy right? cast point and turn rate should be at zero. maybe you didn't remove manacost from your dummy spell? maybe some targets are not valid for your dummy spell? maybe your targets were out of range or in fog of war for your dummy unit? best would be to post your map here so we can check it

Yes i configure the dummy, but the problem isn't when there is only one enemy, the problem is when there is a group of enemies. For example 10 where 4 or 5 will not burn when everyone should burn.

Level 2
Excellent, last question. Change the turn rate for a unit will increase the animations speed of that unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.