• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Skillshot that comes back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Greeting gentlemens,

Well I'm pretty sure the solution is really simple, I'm trying to create a spell (a skill shot), wich comes back to the caster after reaching his maximum range. I've searched many times the solution without succes (I've checked how the spell of Rizzrak, but since it is a bit complicated (I'm not familiar with the code Only with the Triggers) I wanted to know if it was possible to created a lighter version of this).

Some exemples of that would be :

Sivir's W in League of legends
Timbersaw's ultimate in Dota2 (equivalent in Dota : Rizzrak the Goblin Shredder )

Thanks in advance for any answers.
TheJusticeSong

Level 15
You need to use a missile system. Either download one from here, write your own or code it explicitely for this one spell.
Considering you only use MUI, the easiest would probably be to code it explicitely for this spell.
A missile system uses a dummy unit that is moved by triggers and checks, when a valid target is close to the dummy unit.
Do you need it to be MUI? How often can a unit be hit by the missile?

Level 1
Well I've tried to do it with a dummy with no great succes, I think I'm missing something.
If I need to try some code, or understand it, I will.
Well I will try to explain as best as I can how this spell would work :

You have a unit, that cast a skill shot wich goes where the player casted it and when this one came to his max range he return back to the unit.
It could deal the damage two times (at the back and forth)

And here's a test that I've done.

Attachments

• Test1.png
    Test1.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 73
You miss casting an second carrion swarm.
Which is shot to the origin Location.

If you want to keep it simple but make it MUI you could use locals:
  • Custom script: local location udg_TempPos1
  • Custom script: local location udg_TempPos2
but you need to null them at the end of the code after destroying them
  • Custom script: set udg_TempPos1 = null
  • Custom script: set udg_TempPos2 = null

Level 1
Oh yeah xD !
Thanks Tasyen, that works now ... But still not what I'm aiming for.
Tho, Rheiko, thank you very much !!! That was exactly what I was searching :D !

Level 1
I'm just wondering something now, to edit your spell. For the part of the special effect when the blade touch an ennemie. Where could i find the effect that I want ? For Exemple if I want the blade to make as special effect the cryptfiend attack or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.