• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] No target when target a target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
When I use channel ability with unit/point target, the cursor is gone when on the map!
(but on UI it comes back, it's hiding from me!)
I'm pretty sure that it's because I've checked the "targeting image".
(In options on Channel, of course...)

Soo, does anyone knows how to change the targeting image for the spell?
(Maybe using some image...)

Level 4
Thanks, rulerofiron. But the point-target, unit-target and AoE target can be used very well on Channel...
(When you unchecked the "targeting image" options on Channel)

The one I want to ask is, when I checked it, the cursor is gone when casting it! I think it needs an image...
(And how to insert the image?)

Level 8
Thanks, rulerofiron. But the point-target, unit-target and AoE target can be used very well on Channel...
(When you unchecked the "targeting image" options on Channel)

The one I want to ask is, when I checked it, the cursor is gone when casting it! I think it needs an image...
(And how to insert the image?)

Targeting Image means making the spell AoE nothing to do with "images"

Level 26
Target Image displays an AoE image/ubersplat attached to the cursor above the terrain when picking a target for this ability. And I repeat, the graphic is scaled by the ability's area range. When factorized by 0, of course it won't be visible.

The image displayed depends on the race (test for yourself whether it's the one of player, unit or ability). You can replace them in mpq or game interface. You cannot pick an individual one per ability though.

Status
Not open for further replies.