• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Tree-targeting ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I'm looking for a way to make a unit have a channeling tree-targeting ability. For example, when the unit targeted the tree, it will channel for 5 seconds.

I tried using Channel Ability but it does not allow targeting of trees.
I'm currently using Sentinel but it is not channeling.

Level 3
not too practical but you can make it so that you have an ability that hits trees and other that channels (normally hidden), as soon as the one that hits trees is used you add and use the channeling ability.

Level 22
I have actually thought of that but I don't want another spell appearing on the unit whenever it cast the tree targeting ability. Now that you mentioned it, I will try your suggestion and hoping that setting the Visible option to Off in the Channel can still allow you to use IssueTargetOrder.

Offtopic: I'm amazed this thread has a lot of 'Shadow'

Level 21
It turns out that even when a Channel-based ability is not visible, it can still be ordered in trigger. Solved.
+rep to both shadows

EDIT: sorry Shadow Fury, it says I must spread some before I can rep you

No problem, I don't really care a lot about rep. My real reward is you benefiting from me, not the rep itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.