• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Skills in GUI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I've been thinking how to do some of my spells for a Hero named the Dream Weaver... in GUI

$$$Mind Crush$$$: Focusing on one enemy, the Dream Weaver can do MASSIVE damage to a target after focusing on it for like 5 seconds.

$$$Dream Posses$$$: The Dream Weaver takes over an enemy and damages it over time, untill the duration is over and then he pops out and gets damaged a little.

Another Hero I have is the Leader of the Pride, I was thinking about a skill like this for him but i don't know how to make it in GUI ( i tried )

(here would lie Feral Strike if IJJusion had not helped SOOO much by making it for me ^_^ U ROX)

PLEASE if you know a way to make these spells in GUI please help me becuase I've tried and messed up UTTERLY! ^_^ oh well.. please help:infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 2
well, i tried feral strike
you'll want to refine it
ie: turn collision off for the bear
you'll also probably want to increase the bears speed (no idea how to do that past - set unit speed to 512 (capped) which isnt that fast.
and finally change how the damage is done..as at the moment the enemy models flee from the damage.

in other words..this is the start of the skill, you just need to clean it up :>

Attachments

• feral strike.w3x
    19.7 KB · Views: 83
Level 8
Wow thank you so much! You are DEFINITLY going down in the Credits ^_^ w00t okay well ya I can refine it but without you i would be lost!
*EDIT* ya its done and refined and i have to thank you soooooooooooo much for your help! omfg it rox now 2. great for killing people who run away ^_^

Last edited:
Level 11
For mind crush, use the event 'Unit finishes channeling (or casting?) an ability'

For Dream possess, use Acid Bomb. In the trigger:
Actions -
Set Caster = Trigering Unit
Set Target = Target Unit...
Hide Caster
Wait for condition (Target unit has buff [xxx] equal to false) checking every 1 seconds
Unhide Caster
Set Caster's position to Position of Target
Damage Caster

The axe-throwing spell needs advanced JASS knowladge, experimentation, and a lot of free time...

Level 3
Hmm. I've made something like the axe throwing spell, but the bugginess is massive and it doesn't work so well, but I used it off the X and not a specified equation. meh.all I know is that spell would take alot of guessing unless you knew the equation for shape.

Level 8
I tried the Mind Crush but i couldn't find "Unit Finishes Channeling A Ability" all i found was "unit finishes Casting a Ability" and that didn't work

And with the acid bomb, i really wanted it to "take over" the target, instead of just DOT him, I wanted control, but when I Added that to the trigger it didn't work.
:witch_doc_sad: :witch_doc_sad: :witch_doc_sad: :thumbs_up: thx though

Level 2
for 'unit finishes casting an ability' use a dummy spell of the type you want

eg; for mind crush use a spell like storm bolt with all of its settings set to 0 (aside from the range which should be put to whatever you want, 700-800 is good and stun which should be .01 as a 0stun timer makes it last forever)

then set the casting time on it to 5 (or whatever you want the casting time to be) then use 'unit finishes casting an ability' event and 'spell being cast = 'stormboltspellname'

then you can do your trigger for it, and end it with the 'unit - damage' 'casting unit deals X damage to target of spell being cast using spell damage to normal damage' (or something like that)

if you want to make an animation while casting (as putting a cast time just means he will stand still for the cast time then he will cast it) use the trigger 'unit begins casting an ability' 'ability being cast = stormboltspellname'
then add special effects at point - position of unit - casting unit, and have keep that animation up for 5secs (or as long as your casting time is) then destroy them and add the rest of the animations to the spell itself or 'target of spell being cast'.

Level 8
once again, much thanks

More Skills I need Help on!

$$$"The Desert Is My Home"$$$: the Arabian Knight's horse digs into the ground, and pops up near an allied player (this skill is ez and i can probably do it I just want a second oppinion)

$$$Sand Storm$$$: Like Tranquility but it slows all enemies in the area and does DOT to them while they are near (the arabian knight does not cast this, a dummy does on him so he can move/attack/etc while it is going on) (once again I can probably do this but i need a second opinion)

Level 2
desert is my home

event
unit begins casting a spell

condition
spell equal to desert is my home (dummy spell will need to be able to ONLY target allies not enemies)

action
create special effect at point - position of unit - casting unit (this being a sort of dusty looking animation as if digging under ground ofc)
unit move (instantly) - move casting unit (instantly) to target of spell being cast
create special effect at point - position of unit - casting unit (same animation as the first)

(or u can do the 2 special effects first then move the unit just making the second one 'position of unit - target of spell being cast' i dont know which one would look better..if it would look any different at all)

sandstorm

for this ill use 2 triggers, a 'every .5 (or so) second periodic effect' and a wait trigger (i know people dont like these in multiplayer cause they are leaky and waits can last longer in multiplayer? (ive heard) but i only create single player maps ;p so this is just how i would do it as i dont know any other way.)

event
unit begins casting a spell

condition
spell equal to sandstorm (dummy unit just needs collision off/invincible (or the locust ability though ive had some problems with that included in spells) and needs a model of a sandstorm which im guessing you already have..or planned on getting, also give the dummy the spell slow with a mana cost of 0 and a cool down of 0, rest of it should be modified to however you want the spell to work (ie speed reduction, duration) --- dummy spell needs to be a one click activate like thunderclap, dont pick a channeling spell)

action

variable set SSCASTER to casting unit (this will be needed to allow the casting unit to be the unit dealing the damage to the enemy units, therefore getting the experiance/killing blows on the scoreboard - as it seems this is the kind of map you are making)
create one 'sandstorm dummy' for owner of casting unit at position of casting unit
variable set last created unit to SSDUMMY
trigger turn on 'sandstorm dummy effect'
wait 'duration of spell'
trigger turn off 'sandstorm dummy effect'

trigger 2

sandstorm dummy effect
(initially off)

events
every .5seconds

actions
pick every unit in unit group and do multiple actions - units within range matching condition - 500 (you test to find the setting you want at a guess 500 should be fine and ill use 500 for this example) of position of SSDUMMY matching - matching player not equal to owner of SSDUMMY and do actions (loop)

unit issue order targeting a unit - Order SSDUMMY to human sorceress slow picked unit
unit damage target - cause SSCASTER to damage picked unit dealing (however much damage you want it to do every .5seconds) X damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

phew, see how that goes ;p

~only problem i can see happening with this spell is the slow only being cast once every .5 seconds rather then all at once, if however your map is based on a hero per player, and there are few computer controlled units running around, this should be barley noticable.

Last edited:
Level 6
hmmm you can also try the event every 2 seconds and create a "locusted" slow ward that lasts 2 seconds in the foot of your unit...may save u some lag times especially in internet games...tho it will be inaccurate due to the every 2 second event and range of static wards. Anyways avoid using every 1 or .5 second events as much as possible, but if it is unavoidable, limit it.

For the sand animation...try looking at the impale sand dust effect thingy...works for my burrowstrike-like skill.

Just thought about it now, but why not using the locust swarm ability and using an invisible, invincible locusted unit that has a slow aura and damaging aura? It rotates around your hero so u dnt have to trigger every .5 second or 2 seconds or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.