1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

skamigo's hero defense 1.09c

Submitted by skamigo
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
A much improved version of the original, but it will still be updated in time

Contains:
-30 waves of creeps
-A boss each 10 waves
-Items, shop and recipes
-11 custom heroes with custom spells
-Druid
-Fire Mage
-Weaponsmith
-Assassin
-Battle Mage
-Gravity Mage
-Trader
-Tutor
-Necromancer
-Blade
-Ice Mage
-Maiden
-Thief
-Mime

-Special stats which effect your abilities and give bonusses each round

*Weaponcraft: Each 100% gives 1 strenght bonus each wave
*Spellcraft: Each 100% gives 1 intelligence bonus each wave
*Capitalism: Gives bonus gold depending on amount and wave
*Wisdom: Gives bonus exp depending on amount and wave

Feel free to report bugs, or share your opinion about the map.

1.09:
-New Hero: Mime
-Nerfed Thief and Tutor
-Improved bosses a little
-Improved difficulty difference
-Changed terrain, more hills and doodads
-Added Single Player Mode (No bosses)
1.09b:
-Fixed invisible box, now deals damage
-Changed invisable to invisible
-Picked mime doesn't say tutor anymore

Keywords:
Hero Castle Defense Defence skamigo heroes custom spells survival
Contents

skamigo's hero defense 1.09c (Map)

Reviews
22:12, 2nd Mar 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
  1. 22:12, 2nd Mar 2010
    ap0calypse: Rejected

2. VampireofBlood

VampireofBlood

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The picture is not by you right?

3. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No I just googled for a warcraft related picture

4. MortAr

MortAr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Blah, blah... too much noise for nothing - just the another "Hero Defense" type map...

5. EpixBelongToMe

EpixBelongToMe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i played this yesterday with one friend on easy mode and it was really very easy until the first boss appeared and just onehitted us with his mass shockwave.
    the result was -> respawn -> boss does shockwave -> we died -> respawn -> shockwave -> and so on
    don't know if the damage of the shockwave is indented to be so high

6. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yea the shockwave is lethal if u are a melee unit (u get hit by multiple shockwaves), but else then that he's not too hard to kill, if u mainly use distance spells that is

7. FrozenFenrir

FrozenFenrir

Resources:
    Resources:
    well i have to say the whole map is freaking easy with the tutor in the team....

8. Legion_King

Legion_King

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The castle has no defense, only the heroes. add some weak patrols.

9. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    and make u lose the bounty of the creeps? nah, you can buy a repair guy and damage taker(can use taunt so the units don't attack the castle)

10. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    which difficulty did u play, the more player u got, the higher you should set the difficulty, else it's too easy. It's hard if you're with less then 4 players at some rounds.

11. Legion_King

Legion_King

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    right, but adding a tome merchant would be good.

12. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    that's what trader is for, he has ability that summons a tome shop

13. Legion_King

Legion_King

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ah, I though the trader would only sell stat tomes. :D The Damage Taker's armor reduces 11%, descrease it's HP, like 3750, and increase armor, like 6.

14. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I haven't tested the damage taker yet, which I will, but there are also siege levels, where it's ultra vulnerable

15. Legion_King

Legion_King

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok, but why the damage taker's sound is Footman??

16. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cause i just copied the footman unit, didn't change sound, it's not like it's that important

17. Fire.Troll

Fire.Troll

Resources:
    Resources:
    im gna test your map now you can test mine back for me if you like^^ *hint hint*
    click my name and its link i posted

Edit:

Just tested the map and ill give you some feedback :)

Negative:

The map comes accross as very unoriginal with the layout and the heros
    I solo'd to level 12 when i came accross immune creeps (what are spellcasters supposed to do? because theres nothing else apart from do like almost 0 damage to enemies. maybe add summons for the immune which are vulnerable to magic so the mages dont get bored in those rounds?
    The first heros spell was very over powered (i suggest a spell more like flame strike so heroes get a little time to move out of the way
    i didnt understand your system of spellcraft weaponcraft ect.. i dont know if its finished yet but i saw - Spellcraft 110% What does that meen? and i got an item that added 5 spellcraft every level i got Where is my current spellcraft level?
    The terrain could be more interesting

Positive:

The spells for this game were very very very good Very original and fun to play with
    The game is fast paced so you dont really end up sitting around waiting for rounds and if you do you can go kill some bosses
    the little thing telling you which enemy is next was quite ammusing i read all of those :)
    many difficulties to choose maybe add something like Easy - 1 -3 players MEdium 2-5 players ect so people have an idea of what the difficulties will be like.

Ideas:

Make the game more original add your own little mini game type thing between rounds or make soemthing random and unexpected happen otherwise its just like all the other hero defences
    Make the Heroes more interesting models to stand out and make the game look better
    Create a story for the game even though its just a hero Defence anything with a story behind it is always more interesting
    Do some terraining!!!!!
    Add a delay on the healing but make your hero take a little more damage
    Make boss's more epic (i only played the first) add more spells and make him do unexpected things like transform and things
    Change the castle to something more original.

Basically just put more of you into the game because as it stands it doesnt stand out against other maps similar to itself although the spells are awsome.

Advice is from me not a proffesional or anything im just trying to tell you what i think would make the gaem more enjoyable so dont listen to me if you dont want to.

But either way do your own thing and be more creative with the things that happen within the game.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  18. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thx for the feedback fire, I already saw u posted ur map before u posted here 'troll rpg' really catches my attention if you know what I mean ^^

The terrain is supposed to be easy, it's not important in hero defenses
    Some spells still do damage to them (triggered damage), also ur not supposed to play solo, it's not as fun, or as easy.
    I don't know what u mean with the first hero, some spells are good early game, some are better late game, the balance is found there.
    About the crafts: some off your spells' damage depend on those, this was a way for me so the strenght of the spells can improve too, cause I see in many hero defenses the spells are rendered useless near the mid-end game. The necklace that increases the craft every time u level up means you get +5% of the craft when u gain a level, it can go over 100%, it's supposed to be.

I think I could add some 'special rounds' like minigames or others, but I'd have to think about it. I'm not gonna give potions cooldown, u need to be able to heal whenever u can.

thx for the feedback, I'll be sure to play ur rpg, hoping it's playable in single player

19. Velgen

Velgen

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I decided to play this I honestly didn't play that long because it bored me quite a bit. Redo the terrain it does matter just because other hero defenses do it does not mean that it is a good thing. Fix the multiboard there should be a header row that shows what each column is, and also there should only be a row made for players that are currently playing. I played by myself and am not sure if it would of been more fun in multiplayer, but it was boring and overall I just didn't like staring at the crappy terrain. Try messing around with the terrain editor see what tiles blend well together and make sure that the terrain is not flat, and by that I do not mean Blizzard cliffs I mean the raise and lower tools that look like hills.