• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

skamigo's hero defense 1.31

Revamped my old skamigos hero defense, having cleaner triggers, better gameplay options, nicer terrain and more heroes with more custom spells to enjoy.

Gameplay:

The game is easy, pick a hero, and defend the castle against 40 waves of creeps with a boss each 10 waves. Or is it?

Damage and spell detection
Recipes for better items
95% Custom Spells (triggered)
Single Player mode: allows you to increase the amount of creeps that spawn, and play heroes too laggy for multiplayer.
Omega spell: each hero can learn his strongest spell, to learn it the hero has to reach level 20 and defeat the omega boss, paying 5000 gold to challenge him in the arena (Shop north-west corner)

Crafts: there are 4 crafts that you can increase with certain items or by leveling
->spellcraft (only for spellcraft heroes): the more spellcraft you have, the more damage your spells do, the longer your summons last, or just in general improve your spells. Spellcraft increases your intelligence by 1 for each 100% after each wave.
->weaponcraft (only for weaponcraft heroes): the more weaponcraft you have, the more damage your abilities do, and in general improve your abilities. Weaponcraft increases your strenght by 1 for each 100% after each wave.
->capitalism: gives you bonus gold after each wave, amount increases per wave, the more capitalism you have, the more gold you receive. Effects abilities for certain heroes.
->Wisdom: gives you bonus exp after each wave. Effects abilities for certain heroes.

Personal items: Each hero has a personal item that he/she can unlock

9lfp6v.png
1: Fire Mage: spellcraft Hero, has fire based abilities. Can learn Fire Spray, Fire Bomb, Magic Aura and Flame Shower.

2: Gravity Mage: spellcraft Hero, has gravity based abilities. Can learn Pulsewave, Gravity Point, Evasion and Whirlpool.

3: Frost Mage: spellcraft Hero, has ice based abilities. Can learn Freezing Aura, Ice Barrier, Freeze in and Eternal Frost.

4: Necromancer: spellcraft Hero, expert in the dark arts. Can learn Skeleton Bomb, Mass Cripple, Undead Touch and Sacrificial Blow.

5: Druid: spellcraft Hero, has nature based attacks. Can Earth Vines, Mass Drain, Blossom and Tree of Eternity.

6: Tutor: Wisdom Hero, books are his life. Can learn Teach, Wisdom Aura, Throw Books and Forbidden Magic.

7: Mime: Wisdom Hero, expert in illusions. Can learn Summon Mimic, Invisible Box, Illusive Clones and Mime Powers.

8: Battle Mage: Weaponcraft and spellcraft Hero, skilled in 2 crafts, he can take on anything. Can learn Enhance Weapon, Blood Chains, Battle Strike and Combo Breaker.

9: Beastmaster: Weaponcraft and spellcraft Hero, has the power to control his pet and lightning. Can learn Summon wolf, Chains of Lightning, Beast Aura and True Form.

10: Thief: Capitalism Hero, a real Robin Hood. Can learn Steal, Dynamite, Sneak & Strike and Robin Hood.

11: Trader: Capitalism Hero, money is his only drive. Can learn Money Hurts, Tome Shop, Economy and Bribe.

12: Blade: Weaponcraft Hero, has demonic powers and excellent skills with his blades. Can learn Flash, Raging Attack, Blade Slash and Demon's Blade.

13: Weaponsmith: Weaponcraft Hero, makes weapons for a living, a tough nut to crack. Can learn Forge, Axe Smash, Weapon Aura and WeaponBomb.

14: Demolition Expert: Weaponcraft Hero, loves exploding stuff. Can learn Proximity Mine, Boom Goes The Dynamite, Detonation Mine and KamiKaze.

15: Assassin: Weaponcraft Hero, Swift and Stealthy. Can learn Assassin Strike, Jumping Slash, Critical Strike and Last Breath.

16: Maiden: Weaponcraft Hero, expertises in poison and usage of kunai. Can learn Poison Daggers, Cursed Breath, Fans of Knives and Maiden's Dance.

17: Hypnotist: spellcraft Hero, has psychic based abilities. Can learn Sweet Dreams, Mind Blast, Living Nightmare and Curse Mark.

18: Robot: Weaponcraft Hero, makes weapons for a living, a tough nut to crack. Can learn Forge, Axe Smash, Weapon Aura and WeaponBomb.

19: Spider Queen: spellcraft and Weaponcraft Hero, has sticky attacks. Can learn Spider Swarm, Infest, Flee Swarm and Cocoon.

20: Paladin: spellcraft and Weaponcraft Hero, both aggressive and supportive. Can learn Holy Lights, Holy Power, Mighty Hammer and Guardian of Justice.

21: Lightning Mage: spellcraft Hero, has lightning based abilities. Can learn Lightning Strike, Lightning Orbs, Link of Lightning and Recharge.
Newest hero: Archer

2rzrkn7.png

1: Paladin: can use: Mirror image (1 clone), Holy Lights (aoe damage), Divine Shields (summons orbs that attack enemies)

2: Far Seer: can use: Thundage (single target damage), Dark Lightning (aoe)

3: The Emperor: can use: bloody war stomp (aoe, multiple casts, stun), mirror image (3 clones), schockwave

4: Firelord: can use: find it out:p

5: Omega Boss: can use: rain of ice, flame shower and raging attack. (defeat this boss to learn your omega spell by picking up the gem of knowledge he drops.)

25tymfc.png

afee80.png

25qywi8.png

2vxktuw.png

abiid4.png

25iwxw3.png

a3eaaa.png

efnuja.png

11alapv.png

vzjygn.png

Versions after 1.25b:
Version 1.26
-Added new hero: Paladin
-Added personal items
-Nerfs and improvements
-Leaks and bugs fixed

Version 1.30:
-Added new hero: Lightning Mage
-Personal items are harder to get
-Nerfs and improvements

Version 1.31:
Added new hero: Archer

17/09/2011
Special thanks to:
Models:
by shamanyouranus: AntiGravityTarget, SuperBigExplosion, Proximity Mine, Mindblast, Plasma Leak
FrostTorture by sPy
VolcanoShieldTarget by DonDustin
Hopper Mine by RED BARON
NuclearExplosion, Ion Cannon and Ancient Explosion by WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Lightning Elemental by Tarrasque
Orb of Lightning by General Frank

Clan TwGB, Clan ITTP and Zaio (ghostz=bot on europe) for hosting my map

Any feedback is appreciated

Keywords:
hero, defense, castle, heroes, custom, spells, skamigo, weaponcraft, spellcraft, capitalism, wisdom, defend, heroes
Contents

skamigo's hero defense 1.31 (Map)

Reviews
12:47, 8th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Approved A preview image would be nice: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'...

M

12:47, 8th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael:

A preview image would be nice:
To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Update: Re-moderating with reviews and rating!
hive_bigger.png

Date: 2011/Oct/15 14:56:26
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rep Received: 0
Reasons:
Other:
If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact
Please read the rules thoroughly: Rules

Comment: Reviews:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1858499-post7.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1767009-post4.html

Rating: (3+4)/2 = 3.5

Level 12
Gonna test it.

Edit: Okay, not a bad map.

-Good things
-Leakless spells
-Various items
-Interesting things (weapon craft etc...)
-Various Hero
-Funny comments when a wave spawns
-Item mixing
-Bosses

-Bad things
-Spells are leakless, however, there are still memory leaks like Hero revival
-Quite boring
-Some tool-tips are not clear
-Not balanced - Some hero got cool abilities while some only have a few

Overall- This is a recommended map.
4/5 There are always space for improvements!
Voting for Approval.

Last edited:
Level 9
Yeah excatly... checked it with friend... and battle mager spell is a bit overpowered for first wawes, aren't it?

Yea first waves are supposed to be easy, especially if u play on easy, don't know what you played on? The waves get harder and harder to the end, and it really depends which items u buy as in how strong your hero becomes.

Also the right combination of heroes can make some heroes more imba (heroes with auras that increase crafts for instance)

If you find some heroes TOO underpowered or overpowered let me know and I'll see if it's really the case

Edit: the map is ideal for 4 players, but you can play with more or less, also if you want the amount of creeps spawned in multiplayer you can put computers on your team

Level 2
memory leaks like Hero revival and a lot of lagging , it is fun , can you put really easy , very easy , super easy i am playing easy , as a trader , it is hard to reach 35
wave + lagg and etc

more recipe , like 2 trader necklance + 1000 gold = merchant necklance + 10 %gold aura and 6 cap per lv up

Really nice map :)
Still I would like to see some things improved :)
-Multiboard
-Difficulty systems (instead of reducing units hit points, just edit handicap for that player)
-Hero Selection systems (improve taverns :p)
-Item recipe systems (Instead of recipe show item icon :), when hero buy item with normal icon, replace item with same item but with scroll icon...)

A little more polishing all around :)

Fix this and it will be 4/5 from me :thumbs_up:

Level 3
Found some bugs:
1. Trigger Editor -> Item classification -> Beastmaster C: the condition is checking if its not beastmaster OR not beastmaster (omega) it should be not beastermaster AND no beastmaster (omega)
2. Object Editor -> Units -> Custom Units -> Human -> Melee -> Heroes -> Text - Tooltip - Extended: the robot has exactly the same discription like weaponsmith
3. you have created a new hero called "Lightning Mage" but i think you've forgot to create a "personal item" (because couldnt find)

i like this map its very interesting but still couldnt finish the boss at lvl 40

Level 3
i liked that game alot 5/5 !!!! but unbalanced, if you choose the shaman you could get up to wave 47 i think, but i found a bug with the ultimate spell, when i get money and become the required level to go and attack a boss to get the ultimate spell, when i kill him i won't get back to the base again this needs to be Fixed and i got up to wave 37 but the shaman could kill almost everything and i was doing it solo, though and it makes you tired after wave 30 :)

Last edited:
Level 2
Saying you can't play the map, and not telling us exactly what happens, hinders the fixing of map development.... What I find hilarious, this is the SECOND map you can not play, you made a post on my map saying the same thing.

Level 2
the map is good, but needs to be more balanced. in the wave of orcs lords, they did their slam all the time and when revived kill you in seconds if you had no magic damage reduction

rate this game as a 3 / 5

Level 6
Yet another map that fails on items.
The moment I see Slippers Of Agility, Mantle Of Intelligence and Gauntlets of Ogre strength I know the map sux.

Can't you people make anything except stupid recipe based items?