• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Model Resizing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I have an issue when resizing this model, the body parts go everywhere! I have no clue how to fix that and I assume one of you guys around here does. You don't have to fix the particles if you don't want to, the model is all that matters. Either way I will +rep for your help. <3

I need it resized to 1.9x original size. Thank you!!

Attachments

• Model.zip
    448.3 KB · Views: 75
Level 9
Yeah I know how to use Magos (the particles were missing from the head piece so I remade them). The only reason I don't want to do it through the object editor is because all the attachments and sfx/buffs look really stupid on something that's the same size as everyone else, but gets 1.9x larger spell gfx.

Edit: I'm not familiar with that other tool though, I tried to find it but couldn't

Last edited:
Level 9
Oinker and Matrix all caused the same problem (and matrix is very annoying since you can't tell how much you're scaling by since there is no input besides moving the mouse) and there is still one drawback for the global sequence method.

While it otherwise works, if you have to scale up a model considerably (in my case, 90% larger) all buffs or sfx on that model will get blown up really huge. Haven't found a solution to this yet and for me this is a serious issue.

Last edited:
Level 21
While it otherwise works, if you have to scale up a model considerably (in my case, 90% larger) all buffs or sfx on that model will get blown up really huge. Haven't found a solution to this yet and for me this is a serious issue.
Attachment points can also be scaled with a global sequence and any model attached to them will also be scaled. So, if you scale up an entire model to 190% (1.9) of its original size, you need to scale down all attachment points to 52.63% (100/190=0.5263). You can take a look at how I did it if you want.

Attachments

• Shyster.zip
    445.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.