• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Damage Detection System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a Damage Detection System, which is simple to import and configurable.
It would be nice, if the DD-System differentiate between spell damage and basic attack damage (other colors).:)

Floating Text Colors:
Incoming Damage = Red
Caused Basic Damage = White
Caused Spell Damage = Yellow

Also, I would appreciate that the dd-system only shows the incoming and caused damage for the player whom you're playing. You are not able to see the floating text of other players.;)

Hopefully, one of you can help me.

Level 3
Hard to import are the ones which have too many variables and complex triggering which makes configuration difficult. With DD-System I mean the damage display :)

You need to write the texts yourself actually...
All DDS only deal with the detection of damage, which is needed component for the text. The ones I mentioned (Bribe, LFH) has the bonus of filtering physical and magical damage.

For the text, it shouldn't be too difficult, and apparently even the sample map usually have a partial application of it. Let me do some stuff and see what I can get on for you.

Though to be honest, this ended up as request instead of T&S.

EDIT :
Try this, should do the job.

Attachments

• Damage Floating Text.w3x
    44.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Level 1
Try this one
  • Credit :Bribe for damage engine and unit Indexer
  • Maker for Arcing Floating Text

Attachments

• Custom Floating Text.w3x