• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Simple Critical System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hello.

I'm requesting from you a simple GUI made critical system. Here are some information:

• GUI(so that I can edit it myself if needed)
  • For three heroes(the system will be used for three heroes, this is a singe-player RPG)
  • A red floating text or something when it hits to show damage
  • I want two things that I can change easily:
    • The multiplier(based on normal damage, just like basic critical strike)
    • The chance to hit with a critical strike

So that's about it. Ask if you need more info.

As a reward I'll give some rep and credits as a system creator.

Last edited:
Level 9
load GDD (GUI-friendly damage detection system) and make it on your own....its easy....and if you need help send your questions to me or post them here to get helped.

Level 37
Actually I think you should just use Blademaster Critical Strike ability, add it into a disabled spell book to hide the icon. You can configure the damage multiplier and hit chance.

Knowing whether damage comes from a normal attack or from a spell is not 100% accurate unless you trigger all damage of the unit. That is why triggering the critical strike might not really work. The Critical Strike ability however is accurate in knowing that the original damage comes from a normal attack.

Level 37
It's like that at the moment(the easiest way).

Even now the ability has 500 levels, and the chance is always 10%. I also wanted to include the chance, but that would mean the ability would have... Too many levels(500x100=50,000 if not more...) and things starts to get complicated then.

I just want this system for the basic attacks.

Is this possible to do? I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.