1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

SIEGE! 2.38d

Submitted by bugbear
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
"The perfect blend of AoS and RPG elements delivered straight to your monitor."

Brought to you by Michael T.E. Gale (bugbear on U.S. East)

siegewarcraft.proboards.com

siegewarcraft@gmail.com

The perfect blend of AoS and RPG has been created by combining fan favorite elements from popular PvP scenarios such as AoS, Alterac Valley, and Arathi Basin.

The player's primary goal of SIEGE! is to capture spawn points (13 total) across the vast region of the two feuding kingdoms. These spawn points are captured and recaptured by killing the Boss at them. For example, in the southwestern swamp there is murloc and furbolg spawn points. If you defeat the Murloc King, you can hearth to his location (hearthing mentioned later), purchase from his shop, upgrade him with items found at his nearby shop, the Murloc Fish Boutique, grab a quest item for your golem summoning quest chain (explained later), and he will periodically spawn 2 murlocs into the nearby lane to bolster your kingdom's ranks. The spawn points also offer a periodic income to the heroes of it's owning kingdom.

There are 2 quest chains for each kingdom with similar quest objectives for each: the blacksmith and the goblin engineers. The 2 quest lines are shared by every hero of the kingdom, so teamwork is essential in making sure they are completed in a timely fashion. All quests in both chains are conveniently located, and require little out of the way travel to complete them. In fact, most just require you purchase a quest item from a specific spawn location, which are locations you will be assaulting without the quest. The blacksmith quest chain has 10 steps in it, each completion upgrading your kingdom's AI troops health, defense, and attack power. The goblin engineer quest line has 5 steps, and at the end summons 2 large siege golems to assault your opponents. There is also purchasable light siege golems available from the goblin engineer, with a few minute cooldown between purchases, after the larger golems have been summoned.

Hearth stones are distributed to each new hero, are upgradable, and are a vital tool to treading land quickly. The casting time on these stones is 10 seconds, and if you are attacked it will cancel the hearthing process. Fortunately, there is a small cooldown of only 30 seconds on the item, allowing easy access across the kingdoms from spawn point to spawn point.

Each hero is given a weapon which they can increase the power of (Tiers) by purchasing upgrades in numerical order. Advanced players can use the gems dropped throughout the map by the neutral hostile minor races to decrease the cost of their weapon tiering through Transmutations. There is also a plethora of additional items that upgrade similar to the weapon tiering (without the use of gems), with a much more simple "item tree" type of upgrade method rather than the item combining popular in modern AoS maps. An example of the "item tree" method: If I purchase a pair of Slippers of Agility, I can spend gold and medallions (medallions are gained from doing quests, killing, and selling high level gems) to upgrade these slipper into Murloc Jogging Shoes. I can then upgrade them using the same method into Swift Zebra Kicks, which not only have increased stats, but allow me to wind walk for a short period of time at a large increase in running speed.

There are 4 optional bosses scattered about the world of SIEGE!, each holding a rune of power. These runes are powerful tools used in transmuting Tier 6 weapons, have useful on use abilities, and are dropped when you are slain. The runes can only be used for 1 Tier 6 transmutation, as they are 'tapped' after before used for one.

You can find our forums at:

siegewarcraft.proboards.com

or visit us in our clan channel on U.S. East at:

CLAN OSC

This map has been finalized.

Keywords:
siege, SIEGE!, aos, dota, defense, of, the, ancients, rpg, role, playing, game, defense, hero, ancients, of, the, a, new, aeon, strife, aoen, aeon of
Contents

SIEGE! 2.38d (Map)

Reviews
20:07, 27th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: This map has five mini moderator votes for approval, thus Approved. I will try to play it and write a review this days.
  1. 20:07, 27th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2:
    This map has five mini moderator votes for approval, thus Approved. I will try to play it and write a review this days.

2. FrozenFenrir

FrozenFenrir

Resources:
    Resources:
    ++new item
    ++new gameplay system

--new system is pretty confusing
    --over 50% of the heroes are only edited wc3 standard ones...
    --shops are a bit unclear
    --u cant get any exp at lvl 5and above from creeping which makes it even more melee map like..

(btw i found a small bug...ur map description says"spawn points (13 total)"
    but your loading screen says only 12)

"the new-age aos you've been waiting for"
    no...not with that much slightly edited standard heroes =/

look at maps like "Warlords and Regiments" or "Custom Hero AOS"
    ...THESE are the aos maps of tomorrow!!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  3. bugbear

bugbear

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Rebuilding the AoS genre and making an "AoS of tomorrow" has nothing to do with new hero abilities. Every game, including the 2 you mentioned, suffer from the same game play of any basic AoS. Hero selection is important, but not as important as a solid foundation of functional, unique game play basing itself apart from the generic guerrilla warfare that every AoS game is bringing to the table.

The game play of SIEGE! is not complicated, but it is not generic. I'm guessing from your mentioning of generic AoS's being the wave of the future you came into the map thinking it would have this same generic concept and it threw you off. This is a common problem, but I'm not here to rehash DotA, I'm here to bring something a little more deep while still maintaining simplicity.

The stock heroes currently being used are temporary place holders for the new heroes we will be adding in soon. The game is only 1 month old, which is the reasoning for the lack of a large variety of custom heroes.

The bug you have found, in the case of the loading screen typo, is present because it will be redone after I have added more heroes and polished the gameplay.

When the new -help system is in the game it should clear up that small learning curve at the beginning transitioning into SIEGE! from the generic AoS styled maps.

Thank you for mentioning the experience problem, it will be fixed in the patch today.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  4. FrozenFenrir

FrozenFenrir

Resources:
    Resources:
    ye but some more "own" heroes would make a better appearance IMO

ye some ppl had problems with the system (yeye the tiny battlenet IQ...)
    oh and btw...dota sucks so its good u dont want to do that =P

aaaah okay
    thats pretty good

i just wondered why

this would be great for the most of those stupid bnet ppl...

btw i found some other bugs(im not sure if they are supposed to be like that)
    some of the minibases(thief and centaur for example) dont give u any additional units
    and also their towers dont attack u when their are neutral which makes them very easy to kill

5. bugbear

bugbear

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  6. DredLord2

DredLord2

Resources:
    Resources:
    need a lot of work, the items arent vry orginized, the 4 pallys dont seem to have any use, be better without. Didnt find anywhere to buy normal items that dont require others, ext.

7. bugbear

bugbear

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did you check the vendors with giant gold coins floating above their head all in the same place int own? Did you also try it in multiplayer? I can tell you loaded it up in single player because you mentioned the "4 pallies" which are community paladins given as a handicap for missing slots.

You might want to try playing it in multiplayer with 8-10 players.

8. Tasslehoff

Tasslehoff

Resources:
    Resources:
    meh

Work in processes, fails to give credit to all parties involved in conception and continued work.

9. bugbear

bugbear

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  10. Skullclaimer

Skullclaimer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice concept, this would be real cool with original custom heroes. Keep up to good work

11. bugbear

bugbear

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you.

12. bugbear

bugbear

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  13. TheHuck

TheHuck

Resources:
    Resources:
    Was fun to play; I liked it overall but quite a bit of balancing needs to be redone. Most specifically the Krunt hero.

Innovate IMO, I've never played an AoS like it. 4/5

14. Usuper_Zant

Usuper_Zant

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gah, you still need to add general Aspin...
    I have to agree with what some people have said, we need to find some custom skins for this map.
    Spawns work perfectly still,
    Shops are good now,
    Terrain is good, still need to make the town/bases look more
    Over all, this map is still work in progress, but its looking 110% - - - -
    SIEGE > dota

AND FFS, WHEN IM ONLINE TELL ME WHEN YOUR HOSTING....

15. bugbear

bugbear

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  16. InfiniteSeven

InfiniteSeven

Resources:
    Resources:
    To me this was an enjoyable map. I agree with what some other people have said and I believe with a few more improvements it could become an excellent map.

17. Usuper_Zant

Usuper_Zant

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bug bear, are you online now?????

18. bugbear

bugbear

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  19. FrozenFenrir

FrozenFenrir

Resources:
    Resources:
    the map has been improved alot so i do another review.:

pros:
    ++good terrain
    ++good item system
    ++finally enough custom heroes
    ++good ballanced imo
    cons:
    -- well uhm...the only con is the name...its hard to get enough players with a map named like that (dunno why but it seems the ppl at the northrend server dont like it)

well it has become a very nice map
    but it could need some more (different) items