• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SIEGE! 2.38d

Reactions: Usuper_Zant
"The perfect blend of AoS and RPG elements delivered straight to your monitor."

Brought to you by Michael T.E. Gale (bugbear on U.S. East)

siegewarcraft.proboards.com

[email protected]

The perfect blend of AoS and RPG has been created by combining fan favorite elements from popular PvP scenarios such as AoS, Alterac Valley, and Arathi Basin.

The player's primary goal of SIEGE! is to capture spawn points (13 total) across the vast region of the two feuding kingdoms. These spawn points are captured and recaptured by killing the Boss at them. For example, in the southwestern swamp there is murloc and furbolg spawn points. If you defeat the Murloc King, you can hearth to his location (hearthing mentioned later), purchase from his shop, upgrade him with items found at his nearby shop, the Murloc Fish Boutique, grab a quest item for your golem summoning quest chain (explained later), and he will periodically spawn 2 murlocs into the nearby lane to bolster your kingdom's ranks. The spawn points also offer a periodic income to the heroes of it's owning kingdom.

There are 2 quest chains for each kingdom with similar quest objectives for each: the blacksmith and the goblin engineers. The 2 quest lines are shared by every hero of the kingdom, so teamwork is essential in making sure they are completed in a timely fashion. All quests in both chains are conveniently located, and require little out of the way travel to complete them. In fact, most just require you purchase a quest item from a specific spawn location, which are locations you will be assaulting without the quest. The blacksmith quest chain has 10 steps in it, each completion upgrading your kingdom's AI troops health, defense, and attack power. The goblin engineer quest line has 5 steps, and at the end summons 2 large siege golems to assault your opponents. There is also purchasable light siege golems available from the goblin engineer, with a few minute cooldown between purchases, after the larger golems have been summoned.

Hearth stones are distributed to each new hero, are upgradable, and are a vital tool to treading land quickly. The casting time on these stones is 10 seconds, and if you are attacked it will cancel the hearthing process. Fortunately, there is a small cooldown of only 30 seconds on the item, allowing easy access across the kingdoms from spawn point to spawn point.

Each hero is given a weapon which they can increase the power of (Tiers) by purchasing upgrades in numerical order. Advanced players can use the gems dropped throughout the map by the neutral hostile minor races to decrease the cost of their weapon tiering through Transmutations. There is also a plethora of additional items that upgrade similar to the weapon tiering (without the use of gems), with a much more simple "item tree" type of upgrade method rather than the item combining popular in modern AoS maps. An example of the "item tree" method: If I purchase a pair of Slippers of Agility, I can spend gold and medallions (medallions are gained from doing quests, killing, and selling high level gems) to upgrade these slipper into Murloc Jogging Shoes. I can then upgrade them using the same method into Swift Zebra Kicks, which not only have increased stats, but allow me to wind walk for a short period of time at a large increase in running speed.

There are 4 optional bosses scattered about the world of SIEGE!, each holding a rune of power. These runes are powerful tools used in transmuting Tier 6 weapons, have useful on use abilities, and are dropped when you are slain. The runes can only be used for 1 Tier 6 transmutation, as they are 'tapped' after before used for one.

You can find our forums at:

siegewarcraft.proboards.com

or visit us in our clan channel on U.S. East at:

CLAN OSC

This map has been finalized.

Keywords:
siege, SIEGE!, aos, dota, defense, of, the, ancients, rpg, role, playing, game, defense, hero, ancients, of, the, a, new, aeon, strife, aoen, aeon of
Contents

SIEGE! 2.38d (Map)

Reviews
20:07, 27th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: This map has five mini moderator votes for approval, thus Approved. I will try to play it and write a review this days.
Level 3
It's got some good ideas, but gameplay is fairly slow (largely from the terrain size) and hero design could be a tad better. Again, has potential, but it really needs a smaller mapsize.

I agree with the smaller mapsize. If there was one thing I could change about SIEGE! at this point it would be making it about 50-75% of its current size. I don't feel the current size hurts siege in any way, since there still seems to be a lot of up paced action and content filling the space, but it definitely could reach more towards perfection (in the competitive sense) with a smaller size and removal of some spawn points.

Level 7
You got the ideas and the cool speech, but I must warn you, many AOS live in the shadow of dota, and you have to work really hard for it earn a place in b.net. I wish you good luck if you aim to replace dota. This map got the potential to replace dota. Good job.

Level 3
Some tooltip edit may be worth while, such as Dreadlord's sleep increasing in range, as first glance I assume it's single target with 10 second sleep each level.

I also think Dreadlord is a bit rigged, but I have to play against YOU to know that now do I? :xxd:

Level 3
I just made that change to the sleep tooltip for you, thanks for mentioning it.

I just nerfed the dreadlord's ult before I read your post as well (decreased duration of his Dark Portal to 10 seconds from 20).

I'll get on tomorrow and see if you're on and we can balance test a little.

Level 3
Thanks Zanmore, I'm glad you're enjoying the map.

Also, made a quickfix update to fix a bug where Dark Portal special effect was not being removed and the Black and White Gems not being removed when purchasing the Tier 4 recipe.

Last edited:
Level 3
Perhaps have a trigger to disable the -repick in an AR game or after a certain amount of time, I had fun re-picking from a Paliden to the Tauren right at the start of an All Random game, which kind of made it pointless.

Level 3
New game!

I've currently started a project with a couple friends making our own indie game. I've had a great time with the WC3 editor, and I will take what I learned from my time with it to my next project.

If you're interested in following along with this fun, new RPG you can bookmark and register at the game's site:

www.soulsaga.net

I look forward to making more fun games you guys can enjoy. Seeya there =)

Level 2
HEYY remeber me well i hope so if not then HI again i used to play this with u sometimes :) quik questions is this ur last update? and what ever happened to Bugbear Arena??? the Aos with minigames this?? send link PLEASZ