• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Should basic enemies have health regeneration and how it should work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Base enemies as in normal mobs not bosses? If thats so give the mobs a monster level . Set a health regeneration for each monster level , the higher the monster level the higher the regeneration. For example , monster level one has 1x5 hitpoints regen per second , monster level two has 2x5 hitpoints regen per second, etc.

Level 5
I think it's better to have % instead of solid numbers. I was thinking like 3% hp / sec, but I think it's not a good idea to have regen when they are fighting(only special enemies)...

3% hp / sec?! I dont think thats fair , because there are some bosses with like 900k hitpoints and 3% of that is huge! What if some players of this campaign is new to it and got stuck at that boss because he cant kill? Just saying , 3% of 900k is 27000 hitpoints per second .:vw_death: Maybe you can only set hitpoint regen on BOSSES only .Not 3% but a more balanced amount will be good. As experienced players knows which items and skills to get and even owns on the hardcore difficulty.

Level 5
The regen is only meant for basic enemies and mini-bosses which you can run from. The idea is that player can't simply deal 50% damage to an enemy unit and then run away and then come back killing the enemy.

Hmm if thats so how about this. Restore a percentage of enemy's max health per second if it did not take damage from player or player-controlled units . So if the player decides to run from the fight. The regen kicks in and by the time the player returns for the fight , the enemy will be almost at max hp. In conclusion, enemies only regens hitpoints when out of combat, so players can't cheat in a way that they wait for their spells to cooldown and re-engage the fight.I hope i sound clear to you and sorry again for my bad english.

Status
Not open for further replies.