• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Short Cinematic: Predator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Honestly it's not that good. It's too short and not really worth watching.

Your terrain is really bad. No height or tile variation; practically no doodads. You need to make the terrain better, make it seem more natural by adding small hills and valleys, bushes, different trees, grass, flowers... basically make it more atmospheric.

The camera was bad as well, it stood still most of the time which is understandable since it's sort of 1st person view but you should add some slow camera transition to make it seem more natural.

The story wasn't that great either. You should make it longer. I would suggest creating a cinematic that contains the group of people coming to the forest and camping, the party going in that arrow head formation and seeing the bodies, then dying and then finally the monster itself, killing the rest of the camp.

I didn't really pay attention to the grammar and spelling but I believe I saw a mistake or two. You might want to spell-check it.

Level 9
It seemed like a good concept.. But if CMarket, demi-god of cinematics says it needs major improvement, it needs improvement. Anyways, I will watch, then maybe post a rating.

Level 4
-Use an 'advanced filter' action at the end, not a regular one. That way you can start from your current fade and fade into black, rather than what it currently does, which is an atrocious insta-jump from blue to nothing before fading out.

-Do blood effects better. The albatross blood effect is horrible for what you're doing, and just looping it is ugly.

-Looping the blood isn't even really necessary; just show the viewer that the guy is bleeding. This is a case where the 'million is a statistic' rule applies; more blood possibly even makes it less meaningful. "Hey guys, look! I'm dying! You know how you can tell? Because my belly is SHOOTING BLOOD 20 FEET THROUGH THE AIR EVERY SEVERAL SECONDS!! xD"

Status
Not open for further replies.